AC3 films - Static Noise on ATV2
Hi,

I jailbreaked my ATV2 using firecore, then installed xbmc thru firecore.

Whenever i play a movie with AC3 sound, it sounds like static noise. i am using HDMI and i have a 5.1 system.

Does anyone have a resolution on this?

Kind Regards,

Christian
What does shattering mean?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-10, 21:50)Memphiz Wrote: What does shattering mean?

Like bad sound, i still need help to the ac3 movies, anyone?
If you mean static noise - go into ATV2 settings and set Audio to 16Bit. (i mean outside of xbmc).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-07-10, 22:34)Memphiz Wrote: If you mean static noise - go into ATV2 settings and set Audio to 16Bit. (i mean outside of xbmc).

yeah static sound sorry. I tried that tho, didn't work.
For me it's the same. Tried _every_ Setting (16bit, Auto etc). It seems that my Reciever doesn't get the "right AC3-Signal" at the Start of the movie. The same Movies from (with) Plex-Mediaserver are working flawlessly with the ATV2.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
post a xbmc debug log both please.
I posted this before, which helped some people (also can be found in the FAQs and via search...):

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid712719

In the ATV-menu put it on 16bit, as Memphiz said, then (inside XBMC) enable EVERYTHING (speaker config: 7.1, DTS, AC3)

and then try it again. Good luck.

This is still happening with mine as well. XBMC on OS X to the same receiver works. ATV2 just static. Receiver never gets the message to "pop" over to AC3 just renders the AC3 stream as static noise. I haven't tried 7.1, so I'll give it a whirl, but I think there's something deeper causing the issue for some processors.
What receiver do you both have?
I have a Meridian 561, Marantz SR7200 and an old Pioneer. The Marantz and Pioneer correctly pickup the 5.1 and do the needful. The Meridian is more picky. I have gotten it to play DD 5.1 off xbmc, but it's very rare and quickly falls back to static. But seeing as how it plays DD from pretty much every other source I've thrown at it, including xbmc eden running on a mac mini, I gotta think it's something quirky with the ATV 2.

maybe to diagnose, people should report which iOS they are running and if there is any improvement/change depending on which iOS is used.
just a thought.....
I am running latest IOS. I unfortunately don't have any 4.x restores so I can't test that Sad
Could you try on ATV2 outside of XBMC (not sure how to get 5.1 sound there - but maybe you have an idea) - would be interesting if iOS itself manages it to sync to 5.1.
Netflix has some HD content with 5.1 I just tried it and it works, so it seems to be xbmc problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AC3 films - Static Noise on ATV23