AC3 films - Static Noise on ATV2
Understood, but is there any routine within XBMC that injects silence at any time into the bitstream? I'll start down the path with the nightlies. Is there a monthly snap yet or should I just grab the latest?
No change with 20-Jul nightly. Sad
damn
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I've swapped my Mac mini back in. Xbmc seems to work fine on that.
Should i mention, that the static noise comes from the TV, not from the reciever?
TV is connected over HDMI, my Reciever over Optical Cable

Another one:
In Plex Client my receiver shows 2.0 PCM, when i start a movie with AC3, the reciever switches to "DD". In XBMC it remains on 2.0 PCM and i get a static noise over _HDMI_ (TV)!
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
solo its known that atv2 allways outputs audio on both ports (optical and hdmi). There is no solution to change this. Yu have to turn your tv volume down as 1000 annoyed users before you.

Your tv gives static because it can't decode ac3 ordts and interprets it as stereo.

So these are 2 different problems here...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
So, for the heck of it I updated the Meridian to the latest firmware and man did that open a can of worms. While the processor still functions fine with DD content from anywhere except XBMC it is now even worse than before when trying to use XBMC (on ATV2 only). It will now flip to DD when a DD source is connected (accompanied by a nasty digital "splat") however I've now completely locked it up several times during normal usage. Something I've never had happen before. Before you blame the firmware I should note this is the latest and last for this model line and came out in 2001. There are many people around the world running it without issue. The Meridian is no fly by night piece of kit either, it is a reasonably high-end pre/pro with many accolades throughout the years developed by Boothroyd-Stuart, a renowned organization who've had a hand in several digital standards in wide use today. Of course everything else I own works just fine through it, ONLY XBMC ON ATV 2 malfunctions (XBMC on my Mac mini works flawlessly).

I don't really know where to go from here. I don't have enough background to dive into the code and try things out myself and it seems clear that since its a vast minority that are having this issue to begin with the Devs won't take up the mantle. Memphiz, I appreciate your eyes on this problem, but for now it looks like I will have to work around the issue.
Take a hockey bat and use the tiny little black puck for what it really was developed Wink. Sorry not much of a help.
Well, the good news is ATV2's are going for $175 on ebay all day long. Hopefully I can sell it before someone jailbreaks the ATV3. Tongue
Shouldn't be a problem - put the shsh blobs in the battle too and for each version you have them you could raise the price by 10 bucks Wink.

Just wanted to say that I'm really suffering from the same problem, ATV2, iOS 4.2.2 (2203) using a Yamaha Receiver RX-V665.
It's been like that ever since I got the ATV2 and installed XBMC on it (it does not happen with my XBMC on ATV1!)
I've upgraded to XBMC 12.0 Frodo, but the same happens.
It's so annoying...

Thanks for your help, Adoram
Nothing we can do about. Update your ios to maybe 5.0.2 and set audio to 16 bit. (this option is not present in ios 4.2.2 iirc).
Actually, it does exist, and setting the ATV2 option to 16 bit, and turning Dolby Digital AC3 off and on in XBMC fixed it!

Thanks!
I am having the exact same problems. Mine just started 2 days ago. ATV works fine with netflix but when i use XBMC I have static in the audio.....any solutions out there?
Set audio Output to 16 Bit in appletv2 settings as mentioned by the Post before yours...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AC3 films - Static Noise on ATV23