How to create repeating timers?
Question 
Hello together,

i just set up xbmc with xvdr (Linux) on my htpc that ran on Mediaportal in the past.
It runs very well, but i miss the possibility to create repeating timers (weekly, daily, weekday,...) for recording daily soaps or sth.

Is it possible to get this functionality? I thought VDR was such a powerful pvr...
Ok, no solution?
Is there any other pvr backand than vdr that serves this functionality? Does xbmc live-tv interface differ depending on pvr backend plugin (tvheadend for example)?
(2012-07-10, 19:06)LukasW Wrote: I thought VDR was such a powerful pvr...

VDR is the most powerful PVR...but not with XBMC as the frontend, because XBMC limits VDR to a poor slave in the background Confused

What you can do: install the epgsearch Plugin for VDR (see epgsearch Plugin ) and the live plugin (see Live Plugin ). With the Live Plugin you are able to control yor VDR via a Web Interface independently from XBMC. You can then create timers however you want (even with regular expressions as search strings).

Cheers Louis
Ok, thanks for the advice. A bit tricky to install (only repository versions compilable, bind to ipv4 ip,...) but it works. This is no solution for remote control, but it looks good. Is there any documentation how to use it? Semms to be very complex for a newby like me.
Type in a search expression, choose use as searchtimer, choose record series , omit duplicates, based on name and subtitle (if exists).

This should get you going. You can limit the search timer to a limited range of stations, to certain days/times as needed. Save/Test in between to check the result, until you are happy with it. There should be a more simple mask for this with sane defaults, but it should be ok Smile

In live you have the possibility to use the remote control and have a screenshot of VDR so you can use VDRs menu für any setting as you like.

The better the EPG for your stations is the more you can do with EPG search. Some features are not so obvious, as f.i. you can record into folders based on data in the EPG or create a searchtimer which you use as blacklist for other search timers, or create the name of the recording based on the output of a script called during the search update.

The webinterface should be straight forward, you can one click record a show or stream it in the browser. Switch to it doesnt make sense with XBMC PVR i guess.

If you use ubuntu/debian or any of the others the easiest is to get pre-build packages as yavdr is for ubuntu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to create repeating timers?0