What the development-status of the WebServer (libGOAhead) and the old web interface?
(darkie @ feb. 28 2004,17:25 Wrote:i have included spyce support to goahead (python server pages) which is similar to asp.
@cameronsto, please do not code anything that require the use of python by default as it uses a lot of memory and is memory resistant.

ps! another feature suggestion for the webserver would be the ability to upload/move/rename/delete files, but that's a very low priority.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(gamester17 @ feb. 29 2004,01:25 Wrote:
(darkie @ feb. 28 2004,17:25 Wrote:i have included spyce support to goahead (python server pages) which is similar to asp.
@cameronsto, please do not code anything that require the use of python by default as it uses a lot of memory and is memory resistant.

ps! another feature suggestion for the webserver would be the ability to upload/move/rename/delete files, but that's a very low priority.
"memory resistant" means that it doesn't support garbage collection? or, worse, that there is no way to clean, manually or automatically, the memory used?
(febs @ mar. 08 2004,10:08 Wrote:
(gamester17 @ feb. 29 2004,01:25 Wrote:[quote=darkie,feb. 28 2004,17:25]i have included spyce support to goahead (python server pages) which is similar to asp.
@cameronsto, please do not code anything that require the use of python by default as it uses a lot of memory and is memory resistantquote]
"memory resistant" means that it doesn't support garbage collection? or, worse, that there is no way to clean, manually or automatically, the memory used?
i meant that once the python library been loaded in to ram (memory) it can't be unloaded, it(1mb+) stays in memory until reboot
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
after starting this thread i am back.

i have just uploaded an xbmc patch to sourceforge which provides an api offering the functionality that i require. the upload also includes the client (pocket pc and windows in one application) which is what i am currently using (sometimes at least) to control the wonderful xbmc.

xbmchttp patch

hopefully some others can make use of the patch and the client.

nad

alittle goof on the cvs update that jwnmulder did for the web server..  forgot the update the xbmc.vcproj with the 3 new files..

Quote:<file
relativepath=".\xbmc\lib\libgoahead\includes.h">
</file>
<file
relativepath=".\xbmc\lib\libgoahead\xbmcconfiguration.cpp">
</file>
<file
relativepath=".\xbmc\lib\libgoahead\xbmcconfiguration.h">
</file>

hope that helps
snyper

grrrrr.. that fixes the compiling problem.. and the options work great now.. but music, video, pics ect are broke..
(---=snyper=--- @ mar. 13 2004,00:36 Wrote:alittle goof on the cvs update that jwnmulder did for the web server..  forgot the update the xbmc.vcproj with the 3 new files..

Quote:<file
relativepath=".\xbmc\lib\libgoahead\includes.h">
</file>
<file
relativepath=".\xbmc\lib\libgoahead\xbmcconfiguration.cpp">
</file>
<file
relativepath=".\xbmc\lib\libgoahead\xbmcconfiguration.h">
</file>

hope that helps
thanks snyper. i added the code to the vcproj file and was able to compile the latest cvs. before adding the code, i was getting 11 errors and the compilation would fail. i am also posting this in the how-to compile xbmc from cvs section so it can be updated and also to help others with the same problem.
just to let you know. currently i'm bussy on doing some updates for the webserver, like fixing a few bugs and adding playlist support.

@nad
when i have some time left i will have a look at your patch, and if it's a good one we will add it to cvs

only this evening i discovered this great feature of xbmc (the web server), and since i didn't find the current web skin very nice i started playing with it.

as i'm in web programming/design i would like to contribute and improve the web server feature, but i had trouble finding anything about the /xbmccmds/xbmcform page and the asp xbmccommand it seems to affect.

can someone help with a brief reference?
Question 
we use a ported version of goahead websever (link) (from ver 2.1.7) in xbmc, you should be able to find all docs and specs on their website
there is not a lot of documentation on what functions are available to web developers.
i have read most of the source (in /lib/libgoahead) and most of the interessting stuff is in xbmcweb.cpp

if you know a bit of programming it should at least give you an idea of what is available.

you can also have a look at another thread where i ask for a few features i'd really like to be added: http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=1243

i am currently working on an improved webinterface, simply to be able to turn off the tv while still listening to music, so if you are interested or need anything, please contact me.

rgds.

olen
you will probably find the functionality that you after with this patch. it also has an xbmc client app for a ppc.

your patch does just what i want, and i have wished to have it merged for several weeks. it is just so much hassle to keep patching the latest cvs all the time.
with this patch and spyce now working, i am really looking forward to do some nice scripting the next weeks...
fyi: i'm a long time c/++ programmer and i have some spare time over the next two months. i've been a long time xbmp/xbmc user and decided to contribute my time to this project.

several years ago i wrote a very small webserver (>500 lines code) for an embedded project. i think it might be useful for xbmc. it doesn't have a ton of dynamic abilities, but there are hooks in the class to allow for virtual and generated pages. i don't think integrating it and setting it up to control xbmc's playback, etc remotely would be more then a day long project. i'd be happy to do that, however there is a caveat. i am an absolutely terrible web page designer. if someone wanted to volunteer to build me a set of templates for the interface, i'd be much obliged. before building the templates, please email me so we can discuss and agree on exactly how they'll be parsed. i'd much rather get it right the first time then have to redo it later.

sean
there already is a webserver with asp functionality. does your support that?

we need some sort of serverbased script support imho

also the webserver needs to reflect what happens in the main ui, i dont know what this is called in development terms, but i hope you understand what i mean

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What the development-status of the WebServer (libGOAhead) and the old web interface?0