What the development-status of the WebServer (libGOAhead) and the old web interface?
Question 
could someone let me know what the current development status of the xbmc web server is? if it is dormant i might have time to look at it myself.

to me the web server is one of xbmc's most desirable features since i wish to control it from a pocket pc.

nad

as far as i know nobody is working on it atm. so feel free and go ahead to improve it. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
there are some new skins at allxboxskins.com if that is what you're looking for, but i guess that will not get you any further with pocket pc control  Huh
it might give you some inspiration though...
have a look at:
http://www.allxboxskins.com/skins....id=2335
thanks. i'll starting browsing the source code and get back to you. don't hold your breath though.

nad

i have made a small windows application that can control xbmp or xbmc by sending commands to the webserver.

taka a look at my homepage for the application (with screenshots and all):

http://www.geocities.com/grundir4/xbmr/

features that i would like to see in the webserver (to be able to improve my program, and make the webinterface more useful):

-be able to retrieve the current playlist (and play songs from it)
-find out which song/file that is currently playing
-set volume

it would also be nice if you could get some kind of id or path of the song/file, so that you don't have to go to that files directory "manually" if you want to play the song right away, i.e. just call /xbmpcmds/xbmpform?command=playfile&fileid=345 or something like that if you know what i mean. but maybe that's not possible cause of the way that xbmc is built i don't know, just wanted to ask.
Thumbs Up 
(salle78 @ feb. 11 2004,23:32 Wrote:i have made a small windows application that can control xbmp or xbmc by sending commands to the webserver.

taka a look at my homepage for the application (with screenshots and all):

http://www.geocities.com/grundir4/xbmr/

features that i would like to see in the webserver (to be able to improve my program, and make the webinterface more useful):

-be able to retrieve the current playlist (and play songs from it)
-find out which song/file that is currently playing
-set volume

it would also be nice if you could get some kind of id or path of the song/file, so that you don't have to go to that files directory "manually" if you want to play the song right away, i.e. just call /xbmpcmds/xbmpform?command=playfile&fileid=345 or something like that if you know what i mean. but maybe that's not possible cause of the way that xbmc is built i don't know, just wanted to ask.
i would like those also. it would make it easier to use xbox to play back music for instance.

especially if one is often at another computer or other computers often, with a web browser. and if one doesn't have a remote...

you should perhaps try working closer with xmbc as well as putting up your program Wink
hello salle78!

great work, have you published the source for your application somewhere?

regards niclas
(nad @ feb. 08 2004,15:17 Wrote:thanks. i'll starting browsing the source code and get back to you. don't hold your breath though.

nad
the easies way is just to modify the asp-pages (make a new web-skin) so that they are viewable in pocket internet explorer on the pocket pc.

i am thinking of doing that myself when i have an ipaq with wlan in a drawer somewhere (the batteries on it are not that great).
(niclas @ feb. 13 2004,18:37 Wrote:hello salle78!

great work, have you published the source for your application somewhere?

regards niclas
thx niclas,
no i have not published the source, what are you missing in the application? (keep in mind that it is only the first alpha-version)

i will release the source-code when i lose interest in developing the application or if i don't have time for it.
(thebeast @ feb. 13 2004,01:37 Wrote:you should perhaps try working closer with xmbc as well as putting up your program Wink
i have looked at the code in the cvs, but c++ is not my native language so to speak. but maybe i willl give it a try...
is there any active development being done on the web server interface of xbmc?

i've got the latest build and it just seems to let you view directory listings, and i guess play the files although i didn't try that.  configuration/dashboard/etc didn't seem to do anything.  a buddy of mine showed me the web interface to his slimp3 device and i'd like to try to mimick something like that for xbmc, though i have limited c++ experience so i make no promises Smile

-cameron
(cameronsto @ feb. 27 2004,06:24 Wrote:is there any active development being done on the web server interface of xbmc?
not currently by anyone on the xbm team, you're all aways welcomed to give it a shot, we love to see xml/setup configuration Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(gamester17 @ feb. 27 2004,13:18 Wrote:
(cameronsto @ feb. 27 2004,06:24 Wrote:is there any active development being done on the web server interface of xbmc?
not currently by anyone on the xbm team, you're all aways welcomed to give it a shot, we love to see xml/setup configuration Smile
ok, gimme some ideas and i'll see what i can come up with. now where did i put that damn xdk...

-cameron
does anyone have any more info on the web server?  what server is it?  where are the web pages in the cvs tree?  what seems to be handling requests to /xbmccmds/xbmcform on the web server?

thanks

cameron

edit:  ok, found some of my answers, seems it uses goahead webserver 2.1 which i've never heard of so i'll have to research that. also found the xbmc asp pages.
those asp pages are not real asp. only a few asp commands are supported by goahead. but i have included spyce support to goahead (python server pages) which is similar to asp.

i have already done something with configuring xbmc through the webinterface (this code is already in xbmcweb.cpp).
but since i didn't like the way it is done i did not activate it yet. you can still have a look at it to get some idea.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What the development-status of the WebServer (libGOAhead) and the old web interface?0