MKV audio but no video XBMC Eden with Crystal HD card
Lightbulb 
I just installed the crystal hd card (BCM70015) and downloaded the r174 (Build Date: 20101027) drivers. I do not want to install crystalbuntu because I would still like to use the Apple OS. Is there anyway to fix this issue?

I have searched the forums, but no success... Sorry if I missed an answer

Thanks
I'm gonna take a stab at this. This sounds like an issue I have never been able to find an answer to.

By chance do you know the codec of the video file? Is it h.264 or VC1? I'm thinking it may be VC1. The crystal hd card can handle VC1 streams just fine, but I have found that when they are inside an MKV container, you will get audio and a black screen. The only solution I have found is remuxing the video and audio into a .ts container using tsMuxeR. This is just a remux and not encoding, so you don't lose any quality. Since then I have simply been ripping all of my Blu-rays as full "backup" rips with MakeMKV, but unfortunately, most of the videos I have with this problem are from my HD-DVD collection and MakeMKV won't do a full backup for these. It will just put them into an MKV container that I remux using tsMuxeR.
That could be it. I will try this tomorrow and post results. The video is H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1) and audio is FLAC and the other video is the same, but with acc audio

Also UI have found that disabling the codec allows for playback of some MKVs (audio is acc so far) while others remain completely riddled with artifacts

I think many people have this problem, but as you said we have never found a good solution
I tried the .ts remux and it did not work. Please any help....
A debug log (wiki) and maybe MediaInfo (wiki) output are needed.
(2012-07-13, 00:42)Ned Scott Wrote: A debug log (wiki) and maybe MediaInfo (wiki) output are needed.
Here is my log:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4959

and mediainfo:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4960

Thanks for looking into it
>CoalGirls

Ah, say no more. The problem is that the video is using the Hi10P profile for H.264, instead of "High Profile" aka "8-bit". A lot of anime groups are using this format, despite it being non-standard in consumer space and unsupported by any hardware video decoders (including the BCHD). They're foolish and think everyone should just watch the videos on the desktop computers with CPUs powerful enough for software decoding. It's a bit of a problem for us that like to watch anime on our HTPCs.

You can transcode the videos with Handbrake, or grab "8-bit"/High Profile versions of them. That's what I normally do for my ATV1+BCHD.
(2012-07-14, 17:19)Ned Scott Wrote: >CoalGirls

Ah, say no more. The problem is that the video is using the Hi10P profile for H.264, instead of "High Profile" aka "8-bit". A lot of anime groups are using this format, despite it being non-standard in consumer space and unsupported by any hardware video decoders (including the BCHD). They're foolish and think everyone should just watch the videos on the desktop computers with CPUs powerful enough for software decoding. It's a bit of a problem for us that like to watch anime on our HTPCs.

You can transcode the videos with Handbrake, or grab "8-bit"/High Profile versions of them. That's what I normally do for my ATV1+BCHD.

I see! Would that also cause issues with another anime groups [commie] releases? for example if I uncheck the "use crystal hd driver" in the settings it will run (with pixelation), but not run at all with the driver enabled?

and thanks for solving the issue!!!!

(2012-07-14, 17:51)Skiwallker Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 17:19)Ned Scott Wrote: >CoalGirls

I see! Would that also cause issues with another anime groups [commie] releases? for example if I uncheck the "use crystal hd driver" in the settings it will run (with pixelation), but not run at all with the driver enabled?

and thanks for solving the issue!!!!

Forgot to post the media info log for the other file

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4974
Commie also uses Hi10P
(2012-07-15, 03:14)Ned Scott Wrote: Commie also uses Hi10P

Excellent thanks! I hope this helps some of the other people with issues on playback, because since using Handbrake I have had no problems

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV audio but no video XBMC Eden with Crystal HD card0