New setup rescraping info from internet instead of using local data
Hi,

I've been experimenting with all the various flavors of OS including XBMCBuntu versions and Openelec versions, and one thing I find is that whenever I have a new setup and set the source for my TV Shows, it instantly pulls in all the data from the local folders of the source. However, while doing the same with movies, it goes to the internet to scrape the data even though each folder has all the relevant posters, nfo and fanart. Since I'm trying out various versions, I'm finding this a pain to wait couple of hours every time I run a new OS.

I tried exporting the library once to my hard drive, but when I reimport it after a new setup, the thumbnails are missing.

Would anyone be able to guide me if I'm doing anything wrong?

Thanks!

EDIT: Shows & Movies have all been scraped using Ember Media Manager and contain all possible image and nfo information self contained within each folder
I searched around for the last few days without an answer before posting here. Now I find a solution half hour after posting this :-) Apparently XBMC *IS* using the local info scraped by Ember. However, it appears to be downloading actor thumbs defined in the nfo for each movie while connected to the internet, so the quick solution for me would be to disable internet while rebuilding my library.
(2012-07-11, 17:32)skiddyrow Wrote: I searched around for the last few days without an answer before posting here. Now I find a solution half hour after posting this :-) Apparently XBMC *IS* using the local info scraped by Ember. However, it appears to be downloading actor thumbs defined in the nfo for each movie while connected to the internet, so the quick solution for me would be to disable internet while rebuilding my library.

once scraped you can export video library dont overwrite but export actor thumbs
Then all thumbnails are local or I think you can add the option in ember settings
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Thanks leepenny - not sure entirely what the first part meant but I will check the Ember settings to see if the option to export actor thumbs is there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New setup rescraping info from internet instead of using local data0