When autohotkey is just too much...reintroducing NIRCMDS!
I'm not affiliated, but was very excited to discover a few easy way to manipulate windows, that didn't require me reviewing all of AutoHotKey.

NIRCMD - available here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html.

download 32 bit here.
download 64 bit here.
in-depth help file here.

What can you use it for? You can use it to send keystrokes to your system, you can pause NIRCMD before performing another command, you can find and manipulate windows.

What did I use it for?

I have a Harmony One setup with a button called "Aquarium". This button sends a remote signal to Intelliremote (although you could do it with Eventghost, free), which runs a batch file. That batch file loads the Dream Aquarium screensaver, and instantly turns my HDTV into an HD aquarium.

1. Make a shortcut to your screensaver on your desktop.
  2. Make a .bat file containing this (quotes are needed in the file) to the location of your shortcut: "C:\Users\buddy\Desktop\Dream_Aquarium.scr - Shortcut.lnk"
  3. Make a shortcut to the batch file. Go to the properties, and select "Minimized" for the type of running window. Select "Run as administrator" on the next page.
  4. Test. This should be launching your aquarium,without launching any command windows to where you can see them

I have another button, "Close Screensaver" that again Intelliremote uses to run a batch file. That batch file uses NIRCMD to kill all process with .scr in their process name, and maximize XBMC.

1. Make a batch file with code below. Again, make a short-cut to the batch file, setting it to Minimized, and run as administrator
  2. Test. This should be killing your screensaver, and maximizing XBMC.

Quote:"C:\Users\buddy\Desktop\Harmony One buttons Bat file for RecentAdded and Playlists\nircmd\nircmd.exe" killprocess "*.scr"

"C:\Users\buddy\Desktop\Harmony One buttons Bat file for RecentAdded and Playlists\nircmd\nircmd.exe" cmdwait 2000 win activate title "XBMC"

In the code above, you'll see that I've installed nircmd to a specific folder on my desktop. Please note that the quotation marks are essential for it to run.

Below's another version - specifically for killing Dream Aquarium's Trial window. I'm going to fork out money for the full version once I get a replacement credit card. [/code]

Quote:"C:\Users\buddy\Desktop\Harmony One buttons Bat file for RecentAdded and Playlists\nircmd\nircmd.exe" killprocess "*.scr"

"C:\Users\buddy\Desktop\Harmony One buttons Bat file for RecentAdded and Playlists\nircmd\nircmd.exe" cmdwait 2000 win close title "Limited Trial Version Message"

"C:\Users\buddy\Desktop\Harmony One buttons Bat file for RecentAdded and Playlists\nircmd\nircmd.exe" sendkeypress esc

"C:\Users\buddy\Desktop\Harmony One buttons Bat file for RecentAdded and Playlists\nircmd\nircmd.exe" sendkeypress alt+tab

"C:\Users\buddy\Desktop\Harmony One buttons Bat file for RecentAdded and Playlists\nircmd\nircmd.exe" sendkeypress lwin+alt+enter

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When autohotkey is just too much...reintroducing NIRCMDS!0