please help me figure out how to get into my pc
ok i just refound xbmc. I love it but right now i only have it on my ipad. I have two old laptops with broken screens but bolth have empty hardrives, nothing gone. i decided to go with the compaq pesario CQ56-109WM. because it has the most ram. I know the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M isnt ideal but i figured a free htpc for now will work tell i can build or by a nicer one. The problem is this with an empty harddrive it has no OS or no drivers nothing. I cant find the factory disc's and although i can download the drivers and even any OS i have no way to know what is going on and im sure the fn f4 button for outputting to a monitor wont work tell i install the windows.iso file.

I have an external hardrive case i can but hardrive in but im not sure if it will set it up on the harddirve or on this pc or have more troubles.

Im about out of ideas and am open to anything please help.
If you boot into the BIOS, can you then enable to monitor? Usually F8 gets you into the BIOS then you can Fn+F4 until you see it?
no bios driver installed i can try but hardrives is wiped clean i installed saved the os file i downloaded i also saved all drivers to it but i need to install it
AAnephite, you are focused too much on installing the OS. You don't need an OS or drivers in order to boot into the BIOS. There is no such thing as a "bios driver". Fn+F4 to use an external monitor also will work without having an OS installed. What you should be doing is hitting the F10 key repeatedly during startup to get into the bios (I'm pretty sure it's F10 on a presario). You obviously won't see anything, since your screen is broken. However, you should then be able to do Fn+F4 to switch output to the external monitor.
If you're dead set on trying an OS, then just boot a LiveCD (Linux or Windows) from your CD drive or USB thumb drive. Good luck. Also, please create threads with descriptive titles - "please help me" gives absolutely no information regarding the nature of your question.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
please help me figure out how to get into my pc0