help please mac lion to xbmc atv2
Hello there!

This is my first time jailbreaking the aTV 2 version is 5.0.2. and i installed xbmc from nitoTV.
I have an external Hard drive that is connected to my macbook and it is running Lion. I want to be able to play my avi file movies that are on my external hard drive onto the xbmc on the aTV. I was able to share a the public folder onto the xbmc on the aTV however, i placed one avi file movie in my public folder and it does not see to be in there when i take a look at it on the aTV.

Hope to hear from someone soon!
If you have any questions that you would need to know in order to help me, i will be glad to respond right away.

Thank you for your time.
With lion you either need to use afp/webdav or install smbup to get samba working again.
will you be able to give me a step by step guide ?? which one is the easiest to do ?
I don't use macs but I would say that samba is the simplest to use
http://eduo.info/apps/smbup
There's an additional guide link on the wiki page as well: SMBUp (wiki)
i got it to work where when i try to add videos on xbmc, it says my macbooks name (SAMBA). but when i click on that, nothing happens.
because you didn't use smbup i would guess, but lions internal samba server which is incompatible...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm on Lion, and found NFS was the best way (for me). You can find all the info in the wiki, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS .
Speed is definitely higher than using Samba, and stability better than AFP (at least when I tried).

Good luck.
Ubuntu 9.10 - XBMC 9.11 Beta
@sinarquia - here are your 20 bucks for spreading my opinion Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
The info that is on the wiki seems a bit confusing to me Sad
Like he is going to get Nfs working after failing at smb Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help please mac lion to xbmc atv20