XBMC keeps skipping certain tv show openings
Hello,

Some of the TV shows I have make a reference to an external video file that contains the opening for the TV show. Presumably this is to cut down on the package size, allowing for each individual episode to be slightly smaller since the openings do not change in between each episode.

For example,
/Some TV Show/TV Show Episode - S01E01.mkv
/Some TV Show/TV Show Episode - S01E02.mkv
/Some TV Show/TV Show Episode - S01E03.mkv
/Some TV Show/TV Show - Opening.mkv

If I play the video files outside of XBMC (Using something like VLC Player or Media Player Classic), the opening is included with the TV shows just fine and plays normally.

However, playing the video inside XBMC results in the actual length of the TV shows being shorter (By exactly 1 minute and 30 seconds; the length of the openings), with the opening completely omitted.
This can be convenient since I generally skip the openings after viewing them the first time, but I would still like to be able to view the openings at least once instead of just having them be omitted from the get-go every single time.

Is there any way to alleviate this issue?

It probably doesn't need to be said, but regular TV shows that do not make reference to an external video file to play back the opening (As in, the TV Show episodes each contain the opening) play back just fine inside of XBMC.

Thanks for your time and help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC keeps skipping certain tv show openings0