Can ATV2 run 1080p?
Hey, i just got an ATV3, but didn't know there was no jailbreak for it yet, hope they fix it soon.

i was wondering if xbmc on ATV2 can watch videos in 1080p?

if not will the ATV3 be able to, because of the A5 chip?

Another question: does the xbmc run on its own? or do i need to host a xbmc server on one of my computers?
Hopefully the jailbreak will come soon. Id love to see it. The ATV2 can play 1080p content but it only outputs it in 720p. I believe that's a limitation of the ATV2 not XBMC.

Your media will need to be stored on a server/PC somewhere on your network but XBMC works pretty much the same on ATV as the other platforms.
Media Server - Unraid v6, Intel G550, 4GB, 6TB

HTPC - Windows 10, Kodi 15.0, E4400, 2GB
(2012-07-13, 08:25)andrewch Wrote: Hopefully the jailbreak will come soon. Id love to see it. The ATV2 can play 1080p content but it only outputs it in 720p. I believe that's a limitation of the ATV2 not XBMC.

Your media will need to be stored on a server/PC somewhere on your network but XBMC works pretty much the same on ATV as the other platforms.

If the ATV3 could output 1080 with xbmc i would be so happy, i mostly watch tv shows anyways so 720 is okay..

i got a sonology ds1512+ running. But is the xbmc for ATV also a server or only a client? i'm used to plex. there you have one plex client and one server.

XBMC works as one?, server and client in same program on the atv?
XMBC will work as a server for UPNP. It is able to access media both locally on the device hosting it and over networks using diverse network protocols such as:
ftp,smb/cifs,nfs,webdav/http,afp,rtsp,upnp/dnla

Your nas will be accessable to xbmc easily as-is.
Hopefully they will be able to break the atv3 soon, since i'm not able to get my hands on an atv2.
hi you can get them still i just bought mine from amazon at £165 there fetching more than that on ebay second hand jaolbrak and non jailbroke i hope they do make the jailbrake for the 3tv there half the price and tesco was doing them for £50 at one stage at that price worth buying even for a rainy day iv just joined hoping to lean how to install all apps for the free tv dont look easy.................................br

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can ATV2 run 1080p?0