AMD A8-3850 HTPC vs Popcorn Hour A-300
Hi,
I would like to throw my horrible mediaplayer (Verbatim something). I am uncertain about building an HTPC based on an AMD A8-3850 or buying a Popcorn Hour A-300.
The price is more or less the same. I wonder whether the performances are similar. I expect the HTPC to be superior but what are exactly the advantages?

Depends on your requirements. An HTPC is a full PC that can run anything depending on the hardware you put in it. Correct me if I am wrong, but a popcorn hour is only a media streaming device. You cannot run XBMC on a popcorn hour device (take it as you will I have never owned one, and never had a need).

Also, you could build a HTPC for the price of one of those things (Source: Amazon)
Yes you are right, I cannot run xbmc on a popcorn and the price is the same. So an HTPC with xbmc is better.
hands down, HTPC is better. I have an A8-3850 build and I love it!
...what about picture quality ? Which is better ?...
i have both of them, one htpc with an amd a-8 running xbmc and a popcornhour running a neat yamj.

trust me when i say that you will love the htpc much much much and much more than the popcorn hour.

i used the pch 2 years before i dared to built an htpc and i regret i did not do it 2 years earlier, fore the same price of a pch i build a htpc
that can do way more than a pch.

grtz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD A8-3850 HTPC vs Popcorn Hour A-3000