[Windows] Resume playback on Audiofiles.
I've been over the forum but cant seem to find anyone else with this problem, but i listen to alot of E-Books, and some of them are 7+ hours long, is it possible to resume the playback somehow like it is with videos?
Since you cant "skip" 10 min. and so, into the track like you can on movies, makes it a pain to find the exact spot (or even close) when you stop the track.
Using latest stable build, but dont think it matters since it's a feature i never came across in any builds.
You can configure XBMC to use the video player to play audio. You still don't get a resume option, but you can click on the time slider to jump to a time. To do this press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
notepad "%APPDATA%\xbmc\userdata\playercorefactory.xml"

Click OK, and when you're prompted to create a new file answer Yes. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule name="PlayMusic" audio="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Close Notepad and save the changes. When you start playing a track press tab to switch to the visualisation then you can click on the slider. Although I haven't looked into it, it may also be possible to configure keys to jump about in the recording, which would be useful if you don't have a mouse connected to your HTPC.
I got a slider already since all i got to control the HTPC is XBMC remote on my phone, but since the slider is like 2-3 Centimeters long, and the audio files are 7+ hours long, it's almost impossible to get any closer then around 20-30 minutes of where i need to be, and still need to seek on the other way to find where i got to.. But thanks anyway. Smile

EDIT: If you find the time to look at the keys i would love to be able to skip instead of changing the stars of a song, since to make it easyer for myself to remember i have to stop at easy to remember spots, like 2h, 2h 30 min. and so, since i need the resume to just stop when there is a break in the story.
No way i could remember after a week that i got to 3h 41m in a book.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] Resume playback on Audiofiles.0