Recent Changes in GIT to Music Database
I'm running a recent version from GIT (12.0-ALPHA4 Git:20120712-aa67151) on Ubuntu 10.04. I've wiped out my music DB and let XBMC rescan my music collection. Now after the rescan, when I go into Album view in the Library, I can see all my albums, but not every album has an artist listed next to it. I do have all my music tagged. It seems that the album view is only displaying the artist if the 'album_artist' field is populated, even when the 'artist' field is populated. This is different from older versions of XBMC because album view always listed the artists before I wiped the DB.

Second problem is that in the official XBMC android remote, albums are no longer listed, I get a 'no albums found' message. Artists are listed, but when i select an artist, same message 'no albums found'.

I can't say when this change took place, but I know there have been recent changes to the music DB.
Just maybe a quick thing you can do.
Grab a music tag program and let it do a batch copy of "artist tag" into "album artist tag", on the ones that have none.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2012-07-13, 21:23)MassIV Wrote: Just maybe a quick thing you can do.
Grab a music tag program and let it do a batch copy of "artist tag" into "album artist tag", on the ones that have none.

be careful this wont work for compilation albums
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
This should not be happening at all. My music has scanned in just fine using only the artist tag.

You should be able to reproduce using just 1 or 2 music files in a single folder from the same album/artist. Scan them in, check that they don't set up correctly. If that's the case, post the files so we can reproduce.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Did had the same issue. I fixed it by filling in the album artist.
This was some nightlies ago
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That's not a fix. Again, I need samples if I'm going to be able to fix anything that needs fixing. All my music scans just fine with no album artist tags at all.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Fixed:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/caf9...83654b761d
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recent Changes in GIT to Music Database0