Win Library and Scrapping issues
Hi Guys,

Got a couple of queries regarding library and scrapping. I'm fairly new to XBMC but got the hang of it. Used to use MCE and media browser and media master etc was my previous background.

In my TV Shows, I have the first two seasons of the X-Files. The first season displays and art work is fine, but the second season doesn't show all the episodes. It only shows episodes 8 and 23? All the files are the same format and named in the proper order. Game of Thrones season one doesn't even display at all in my library but is there in the file view. I have a few TV shows like that now and it really starting to annoy me. Anyone know how to fix this?

Secondly, a lot of my Thumbs/Icons in DVD showcase are displaying full size posters instead of the DVD/Blu-Ray covers. I'm currently scrapping from IMDb.com and tvdb.com for movies and TV shows. Can anyone give me any hints to correct this? Are there any good or better scrappers to use than tvdb.com?

Better explain my setup too. I have a media center PC, fairly high spec. But it gets all media from one of my servers at home via SMB Network. Hasn't proved to an issue so far, but im not sure if its a problem or not. All PC's in my house are on a domain as well.

Thanks
I say you have to check every single file in tvdb for the series. I for example dowloaded a Superman The Animated Series Season and both the numbers and the seasons were different from the tvdb listing. I had to rename them one by one. I would say the most important thing in naming is to switch to this format

X files 1x1
X files 1x2
X files 1x3

ETC

That solved a lot of issues for me. Even though some were named: X files Season 1 Episode 1, I still had issues.

-To correct the posters, or dvd showcases is simple just open the side menu and change the "VIEW", different ways will appear and you can keep any you like. Edit: Each skin had a different way so choose a skin with a "view" you like.

Hope any of this helps I have only used it for a month myself and I love it. I got artwork and covers for over 900 movies and 70 series with all their seasons ;P God bless the interwebz
Thanks for the advice on the scrapping issue. Changed most of the media file formats and now I'm having better success.

As for displaying the content in the library, I maybe wasn't clear, sorry. I have my media displaying in DVD Showcase already, but the actual covers are not displaying properly. Most of the covers are correct as in displaying the real thumb for the cover, but some are displaying posters/backgrounds instead. Its like the cover has been drawn and stretched if you know what I mean.

I checked the media folder location and everything seems to as normal. It contains the dvd cover jpg and all the backgrounds and posters. Something wrong the xbmc I imagine.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Please post the file name of one movie you have issues with and I will try to help.

Just copy paste it.

I will try it and see what happens.

I assumed you already did the
-movie information
-get thumb
-get fanart

If not, try it by clicking right on your mouse over the movie and tried the above
An image would also help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library and Scrapping issues0