• 16(current)
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.
(2012-07-20, 05:21)Ned Scott Wrote: Likely an easy fix, as we have the same limitation on Mac OS X.
Oh didn't know that. Then you can't export the library in Mac OS X ?

(2012-07-20, 05:24)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure how this works on various different android devices, but it seems that the userdata folder is more or less located in something like:

something/something/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Any ideas on a good way to phrase this for the XBMC wiki so that it makes sense to the end user trying to find it?

I'm not sure either but I think Internal sdcard is mounted on /mnt/emmc and external sdcard on /mnt/sdcard. On my device ( ICS 4.0 ) I only have /mnt/sdcard and I saw that /sdcard/ is a symlink pointing to it. So I'm guessing it should be in one of those directories :

/mnt/emmc/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Now, if for some reason mount points can differ in names on some devices ( example : /mnt/SDCARD instead /mnt/sdcard ), assuming that the symlinks ( /emmc/ or /sdcard/ ) exist on every android version, it would be better to search it under :

/emmc/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Does anyone got it in a different directory or are these 2 the only possibility ?

(2012-07-20, 05:45)ykhehra1 Wrote: /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/ is empty
and userdata, addons, media, system, language, sounds and FEH.py is at
/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/
/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/ is empty for me too, and for /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/cache/apk/assets/ that's perfectly normal.

(2012-07-20, 05:45)ykhehra1 Wrote: There is no Android folder
There is no Android folder in /mnt/sdcard/ ? Then is there in /mnt/emmc or /emmc/ ?
If you still don't find it there, could you write down the result of this command :
find / -name userdata

We can export the library in Mac OS X, but Mac OS X does not allow colons ( : ) in file names. IIRC, it just uses a dash instead. So the same fix could be applied to android, in theory.
Nice that'll fix the problem easily then !
But that makes me wonder, why is this not implemented in every OS ( well linux in this case ) for interoperability reasons ? What's the point of using colons ?
If I get this right only Linux supports colons ( at least ext2/3/4 do ) and Windows, MAC OS X and Android don't. So it makes it impossible to transfer your library from Linux to another OS or from another OS to Linux.
See Util.cpp for the "safe" filename stuff.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Downloaded the APK yesterday and did some fooling around. It crashes on my Xperia Play during startup, but boots fine on my Point Of View tab. Adding tv-shows from my smb-share took some effort (it finally workerd after deleting the path and rescanning it). However, video-playback is laggy on both sd and hd-content. Anyone with a similar experience?

Other than that it's great stuff. The mobile skin is excellent and I'm quite confident the alpha-version will kick ass. Good work.
(Withdrawn question)

Wow, so glad about this announcement. Congratulations to all involved - there will be many, many, people who will appreciate your hard work Smile

I have a question mainly aimed at bobo1on1 I guess, but I'm interested to know if Boblight could ever run on Android? (be it in either some seperate form, or using boblight via xbmc).

My main HTPC currently an Acer Revo runs Openelec with boblight to give some ambilight goodness, so that's the only thing I'd miss if I changed it for an android device (which I'd love to do, due to lower power etc)
Boblight should work as long as no "external player" is used / the internal rendering is bypassed (as it is the case with XIOS and hw decoder). Though the addon has to be unlocked for android in our repositories (which will happen when android is merged into mainline at the earliest).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sorry if this has already been asked but I appear to have lost sound on XBMC Android on my HP Touchpad. I'm pretty sure it worked when I originally installed it, in fact, I know it did so I'm not sure what's happened.

I've tried HD mkv's and xvid's with various formats (mp3, ac3) and nothing. Can't understand what's happened.
(2012-07-15, 11:16)hobbit666 Wrote: considering a Pivos Xios if i can get one in UK Smile (hmmmm might become apply to become a UK reseller)

Can't want to try it Smile

You can, however all the options have drawbacks:
a) Give someone you trust in the US money to buy one and forward it.
b) Use a reship company like http://www.reship.com/default.aspx (no I do not work for them).
c) Order from somewhere that has different export policies http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=72576&...omoid=1261 (may do it for you).

(2012-07-20, 15:12)Memphiz Wrote: Boblight should work as long as no "external player" is used / the internal rendering is bypassed (as it is the case with XIOS and hw decoder). Though the addon has to be unlocked for android in our repositories (which will happen when android is merged into mainline at the earliest).

Wow, I'm sold :-)

Thanks for the info memphiz

Would any future hardware decoding (on other devices) be likely to break boblight too, or is it just something specific with the way its done on the xios?
For Boblight to work, it has to access the rendered video content and grab reduced sized frames to ship off. This is not possible with the current method for Pivos hardware video decode as gles cannot access the rendered video plane BUT, there are possible ways around this. For OMX decoded video, maybe/maybe not. too son to tell.

Remember, right now, we are more concerned with basic usability rather than special features. Smile
(2012-07-20, 09:08)jmarshall Wrote: See Util.cpp for the "safe" filename stuff.

I don't know C++ but I tried to give it a shot. I looked at it and I don't quite understand where the spaces are replaced with underscores in the movies fanart and thumbnails images. In xbmc/Util.cpp the function MakeLegalFileName convert invalid characters to underscores and trims stuff. And in xbmc/video/VideoDatabase.cpp there is :

Code:
CStdString CVideoDatabase::GetSafeFile(const CStdString &dir, const CStdString &name) const
{
  CStdString safeThumb(name);
  safeThumb.Replace(' ', '_');
  return URIUtils::AddFileToFolder(dir, CUtil::MakeLegalFileName(safeThumb));
}

But only the ExportActorThumbs calls it ( and the only other function calling MakeLegalFileName in this file is the naming of tv shows ). I don't find anywhere else where spaces are replaced with underscores except for thumbFile.Replace(" ","_"); in xbmc/video/VideoInfoScanner.cpp in a FetchActorThumbs function.

I guess the fanart and thumbs export happens here ( still in VideoDatabase.cpp ):

Code:
if (singleFiles && images && !bSkip)
      {
        CStdString savedThumb(saveItem.GetTBNFile());
        if (saveItem.HasThumbnail() && (overwrite || !CFile::Exists(savedThumb, false)))
          CTextureCache::Get().Export(saveItem.GetThumbnailImage(), savedThumb);

CStdString savedFanart(URIUtils::ReplaceExtension(savedThumb, "-fanart.jpg"));
        if (saveItem.HasProperty("fanart_image") && (overwrite || !CFile::Exists(savedFanart, false)))
          CTextureCache::Get().Export(saveItem.GetProperty("fanart_image").asString(), savedFanart);

if (actorThumbs)
          ExportActorThumbs(actorsDir, movie, singleFiles, overwrite);
      }

So I don't see where spaces are replaced by underscores for movies, and when MakeLegalFileName is called. Any hint ? Smile
(2012-07-21, 01:33)davilla Wrote: For Boblight to work, it has to access the rendered video content and grab reduced sized frames to ship off. This is not possible with the current method for Pivos hardware video decode as gles cannot access the rendered video plane BUT, there are possible ways around this. For OMX decoded video, maybe/maybe not. too son to tell.

Remember, right now, we are more concerned with basic usability rather than special features. Smile

Sure, totally understand :-)
Thanks for the info, I'm sure looking forward to the future of xbmc on android.
Just thought I'd chime in. Tried to load it on an Acer iconia running ics, and it wouldn't start. No joy on my droid2 running 2.3 either. I'd love to provide a debug log, but can't get one. Maybe it won't run on my gizmos, but I'll try again in a couple weeks after a new build shows up.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.6