• 18(current)
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.
(2012-07-22, 22:35)Ersan Wrote: I understand that hardware decoding isn't quite there yet, but I'm trying to decide between getting these and a full HTPC (I bought several raspberry pi's because of the hype and they are just idiotically slow, and can't decode DTS audio without stuttering)

1. Will the Pivos DS support hardware MPEG2 ts decoding @ 20mbps (live USA HD broadcast) in XBMC in the future or is there a licensing issue like on RPi?
2. Would the Pivos DS be able to do hardware deinterlacing on the above stream?
3. Is there a PVR branch that will run on android at the moment?
4. How fast is the UI? Youtube videos have low framerates so I can't really tell - would I be able to run more intense skins than confluence without issue?

Thanks in advance.

1) It supports MPEG2 right now. It is properly licensed. If you have a small snippet of stream I can post a 720p youtube video of it running (sorry, i cant capture at 1080 with my current card). I have run it as high as 26mbit off of local storage.
2) Dunno.
3) Since the android branch itself just came out, probably not yet.
4) UI runs quite fast. You can see it fairly well in one of my videos, but in real life its much smoother than the videos show.

Hi, I installed on XIOS DS, but I'm unable to play any media with audio streams, any ideas?
See details here: http://blog.insanegenius.com/2012/07/22/...s-xios-ds/

P.
(2012-07-22, 22:56)Pivos_BigC Wrote: 1) It supports MPEG2 right now. It is properly licensed. If you have a small snippet of stream I can post a 720p youtube video of it running (sorry, i cant capture at 1080 with my current card). I have run it as high as 26mbit off of local storage.
2) Dunno.
4) UI runs quite fast. You can see it fairly well in one of my videos, but in real life its much smoother than the videos show.
Thanks! Is that the new experimental build I saw on the Pivos forums?

Would you mind installing a different skin (like Aeon Nox) and scraping for some videos so there is fanart metadata etc and posting a video of the navigation and video playback?

Also: here is a link to the stream https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1956377/1398_20...180600.mpg (its 170MB, sorry)
When i get back to my lab Monday evening i will give it a shot.
(2012-07-22, 22:56)ptr727 Wrote: Hi, I installed on XIOS DS, but I'm unable to play any media with audio streams, any ideas?
See details here: http://blog.insanegenius.com/2012/07/22/...s-xios-ds/

P.

Post details of your setup (reciever, TV, interconnect devices, length of cables, etc) to your thread on pivos forums. XBMC.org forums aren't really providing support yet, as they haven't released their official APK.
(2012-07-22, 22:35)Ersan Wrote: 1. Will the Pivos DS support hardware MPEG2 ts decoding @ 20mbps (live USA HD broadcast) in XBMC in the future or is there a licensing issue like on RPi?

My OTA 720p and 1080i ATSC files mpeg-ts seem to play ok, although I am looking forward to 5:1 working. Streaming them live via http strm files even works until buffering issues come into play.

Martin
(2012-07-22, 23:31)Ersan Wrote:
(2012-07-22, 22:56)Pivos_BigC Wrote: 1) It supports MPEG2 right now. It is properly licensed. If you have a small snippet of stream I can post a 720p youtube video of it running (sorry, i cant capture at 1080 with my current card). I have run it as high as 26mbit off of local storage.
2) Dunno.
Thanks! Is that the new experimental build I saw on the Pivos forums?

Would you mind installing a different skin (like Aeon Nox) and scraping for some videos so there is fanart metadata etc and posting a video of the navigation and video playback?

Also: here is a link to the stream https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1956377/1398_20...180600.mpg (its 170MB, sorry)

Aeon Nox was too heavy. It ran, but would wait for a bit between screens. I tried a few other themes and they seemed fine. Your sample video plays full framerate, excluding a section where it jittered. It did so in the same place using VLC on my desktop as well. I tested via USB local storage.
(2012-07-23, 02:24)Pivos_BigC Wrote: Your sample video plays full framerate, excluding a section where it jittered. It did so in the same place using VLC on my desktop as well. I tested via USB local storage.

Did that file actually play with proper lip sync? Mine is way off especially after the problem at :37 s It is no specific to this file, I am running SMB and lip sync on all files is off and it can't be synced using the slider.

Martin

+1 I also have audio video sync problem.
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
(2012-07-22, 22:13)Memphiz Wrote: use the touched skin which is installed default ...

it was not there as default, i downloaded it from git and installed it.

but to be frank i rather the default skin on the S3... the screen is more "widescreen" and the touched skin, is not really made for such screens, it guess it was made with idevices in mind as it says in wiki. also the touched wasnt that smoth at all.

Hope someone take the initiative to do a skin for devices with widescreen. So when we clone the phone to the tv using wireless or wired technology.. it will still look nice on the TV as most tv's are 16:9 now.

Touched was already there on mine.

Confluence works a lot better than I thought it would on my S2.
Well thats the issue of 3rd party apk. If they don't checkout the touched.skin during the buildsteps they end up with an apk without touched packed in. But nvm.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Nice ! How to get this working with mouse or keyboard , i am trying it on a android tv stick ..
(2012-07-23, 12:46)carlsberg Wrote: Nice ! How to get this working with mouse or keyboard , i am trying it on a android tv stick ..

Having patience
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok i will Smile
The wireless keyboard and mouse that comes with the Sumvision Nano+ works fine with XBMC.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.6