• 19(current)
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.
(2012-07-15, 17:00)WisdomWolf Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 14:32)torvalds Wrote: I've no files under Android->Data->org.xbmc.xbmc->files, I'm looking for advancedsettings.xml file to setup mysql server configuration, anyone found it?

I've got the same issue. I suspect that there's some sort of permissions issue preventing things from getting saved based on this and others reporting GUI settings not saving.

EDIT: Figured it out. I've been using Solid Explorer a lot lately and recently it had to be reinstalled due to some market issue that prevented the dev from updating the original version. So my settings weren't brought over and, unbeknownst to me, hidden files were no longer visible (go figure). Anyways, after re-enabling the option to show hidden files the .xbmc folder shows up and inside are the usual folders, including Userdata. advancedsettings.xml with data for MySQL database (db version 66) works as expected. Very exciting, now to wait patiently for hardware acceleration on my LTEvo, that's the hard part.

Got my MySQL connection up and running here as well. Just one thing I noticed: it seems that XBMC 4 Android reads RAR achive TV series differently than the Desktop version or something? A lot of entries in my database appear double now (on Android XBMC unwatched, even though I marked it watched on the desktop before) and my best educated guess is the achived movies...

(2012-07-23, 16:14)T800 Wrote: The wireless keyboard and mouse that comes with the Sumvision Nano+ works fine with XBMC.

Hi t800

As in the arrow keys, enter and esc (Back key) and the main keyboard - yes? But the left click doesn't work - or does yours? If so what version of android and which copy of xbmc (I'm running ics and pivos hwa version of xbmc)
Quote:Got my MySQL connection up and running here as well. Just one thing I noticed: it seems that XBMC 4 Android reads RAR achive TV series differently than the Desktop version or something? A lot of entries in my database appear double now (on Android XBMC unwatched, even though I marked it watched on the desktop before) and my best educated guess is the achived movies...

Did you already check to see if new databases were created? If your desktop is running an earlier build of XBMC the music and video databases would be different.
(2012-07-23, 21:33)sipart Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 16:14)T800 Wrote: The wireless keyboard and mouse that comes with the Sumvision Nano+ works fine with XBMC.

Hi t800

As in the arrow keys, enter and esc (Back key) and the main keyboard - yes? But the left click doesn't work - or does yours? If so what version of android and which copy of xbmc (I'm running ics and pivos hwa version of xbmc)

I don't use the mouse in XBMC so I don't know about left click. The rest seem to work fine. I'm running ICS and HWplayer version of XBMC.
(2012-07-23, 23:00)drpizznock Wrote: Did you already check to see if new databases were created? If your desktop is running an earlier build of XBMC the music and video databases would be different.

I noticed just this morning, completely different tables... XBMC Android is version 12, while on my desktop I'm on Eden...
(2012-07-23, 23:08)T800 Wrote: I don't use the mouse in XBMC so I don't know about left click. The rest seem to work fine. I'm running ICS and HWplayer version of XBMC.

Is the Sumvision Nano (Slim?) Plus the same device than the XIOS DS? (same hardware? hardware acceleration?)
Running on Nexus 7, Mysql db, SMB share
480p works excellent, 720p choppy at best, 1080p even worse, unsure if it's because of network streaming on the nexus or lack of hardware acceleration (i guess the second)
(2012-07-24, 11:10)Mrono Wrote: unsure if it's because of network streaming on the nexus or lack of hardware acceleration (i guess the second)

you guess corect
(2012-07-24, 08:59)DFKT Wrote: I noticed just this morning, completely different tables... XBMC Android is version 12, while on my desktop I'm on Eden...

Question to the developers: why generate new databases with every major version? Is that because of (expected) new functionality? Because in light of interoperability it of course is quite the hassle, and nightlies aren't the solution when other people (like sons/daughters/girlfriends) are dependant on XBMC as well. It's almost impossible to live synchronize between to MySQL tables, as far as I know and understand (with auto-incrementing keys and such)

Isn't it possible to use the same db and extend it for additional functionality? I don't think previous versions of XBMC will be hindered by additional tables and/or columns in the databases right?
(2012-07-24, 11:31)DFKT Wrote: Question to the developers: why generate new databases with every major version? Is that because of (expected) new functionality? Because in light of interoperability it of course is quite the hassle, and nightlies aren't the solution when other people (like sons/daughters/girlfriends) are dependant on XBMC as well. It's almost impossible to live synchronize between to MySQL tables, as far as I know and understand (with auto-incrementing keys and such)

Isn't it possible to use the same db and extend it for additional functionality? I don't think previous versions of XBMC will be hindered by additional tables and/or columns in the databases right?

I'm not sure on the exact technical details, other than it simply wouldn't work because there are changes to the databases (not just expected, but changes already added), but this isn't an issue that most end users are going to face. XBMC for Android is an in-development version, faaaaar more than a nightly build. If someone wants an easy to use, ready-for-mass-consumption, version of XBMC, then XBMC for Android isn't it. A few weeks ago sound didn't even work on XBMC for Android. So I wouldn't expect MySQL compatibility to be high on the priority list right now..
It's not only about adding new tables and new columns. Tables are removed or replaced and sometimes a whole column is replaced with new values (i.e. the column itself is not changed but all of its content is) which would lead to a huge mess.

If you want to try XBMC for Android then don't use MySQL for now or setup a seperate MySQL database for it if you really want to use MySQL. You will face the same problem when running a box with XBMC Eden and one with XBMC pre-Frodo so this has nothing to do with XBMC for Android.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2012-07-24, 11:47)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure on the exact technical details, other than it simply wouldn't work because there are changes to the databases (not just expected, but changes already added), but this isn't an issue that most end users are going to face. XBMC for Android is an in-development version, faaaaar more than a nightly build. If someone wants an easy to use, ready-for-mass-consumption, version of XBMC, then XBMC for Android isn't it. A few weeks ago sound didn't even work on XBMC for Android. So I wouldn't expect MySQL compatibility to be high on the priority list right now..

The fact that I'm using MySQL and can read MySQL tables already should clearify the fact that I'm not looking for an easy-to-use solution Wink

However, there's much to say for backwards compatibility, so that's why I was informing about the reasons for not doing so. Sometimes it's something that just "grows" with time while developing a tool. In that case it doesn't hurt to ask to a seemingly obvious question Big Grin
(2012-07-24, 09:54)zoeck Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 23:08)T800 Wrote: I don't use the mouse in XBMC so I don't know about left click. The rest seem to work fine. I'm running ICS and HWplayer version of XBMC.

Is the Sumvision Nano (Slim?) Plus the same device than the XIOS DS? (same hardware? hardware acceleration?)

I don't know.
The spec looks the same, the unit looks the same and HW acceleration works. That's all I can tell you at the moment.
(2012-07-24, 13:27)T800 Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 09:54)zoeck Wrote:

I don't know.
The spec looks the same, the unit looks the same and HW acceleration works. That's all I can tell you at the moment.

I've managed to drop the Xios DS firmware on my Sumvision Nano slim+ without any issues. Not sure if this actually proves anything though.
Just tried out xbmc on my samsung s2,this looks promising. Video addons are working, tried outh soutpark addon,-works flaweles, Daily show addon-works but some sync issues, 1channel works, could not get Free cable working.

Now I just need to find the perfect set top/media center android gadget to get it running on the big screen ;-)
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.6