• 3(current)
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.
Mouse clicking doesn't seem to be working on my eee Transformer, as well as keyboard entry through the keyboard. Keyboard navigation using the arrows and enter seems to be working though.

I'll have to brush up on my C and I'll have a look around in the code.
I managed to build the xbmc binary, but building the apk is not working.

trouble processing:
bad class file magic (cafebabe) or version (0033.0000)
...while parsing xbmc.class
...while processing xbmc.class
1 warning
no classfiles specified
make[1]: *** [package] Error 1

Any idea anybody?
(2012-07-14, 10:57)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Oh, so many questions about advanced capabilities on something that's barely out there...

I see two posts about capabilities - one about realtek MIPS chipsets, and mine about the XIOS DS. Considering it is the development platform for the Android port don't you think the devs know a reasonable amount of what they can do with that hardware? (y'know, considering they have been developing on it?)

davilla - the link to the test file is https://dl.dropbox.com/u/91624507/Samsun...40Mbps.mkv
It is truly amazing you guys do all this for free!

Developers must be getting job offers all the time!
(2012-07-14, 06:17)davilla Wrote: 1) Cut me a 50-100MB sample and I'll test it for you. It eats my brutal test, TheDarkKnight, raw decrypted bluray rip over a smb share.

If I'm not mistaken The Dark Knight is VC-1 not H264 Smile
(2012-07-14, 12:09)beefsack Wrote: Mouse clicking doesn't seem to be working on my eee Transformer, as well as keyboard entry through the keyboard. Keyboard navigation using the arrows and enter seems to be working though.

I'll have to brush up on my C and I'll have a look around in the code.

If your android device support udp. You could re-use one of your remotes to send key-press over network (i.e event client). I did so with my original xbox dvd playback remote http://code.google.com/p/xbox-remote/wiki/XboxRemote. XBMC works best with a remote or keyboard on screen large than 7 inch.

I am compiling the code now. Will give it try on my touchpad.
Congratulations, Team XBMC! This is truly fantastic news, and hopefully this will appease the user community that has been clamoring for this release. I know we are all looking forward to see what is coming in the next few months!
(2012-07-14, 11:04)papampi Wrote: So is it ok if we go and order our PIVOS AIOS as it is now listed as an official XBMC sponsor or we should wait for OUYA ? or we should use our Atv's and still wait ? Rofl

XIOS, not the AIOS.
(2012-07-14, 14:12)Khivar Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 06:17)davilla Wrote: 1) Cut me a 50-100MB sample and I'll test it for you. It eats my brutal test, TheDarkKnight, raw decrypted bluray rip over a smb share.

If I'm not mistaken The Dark Knight is VC-1 not H264 Smile

Correct and it's brutal on transport/demux and decoding.
Gimme! want to test this on my Sony Tablet!
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
Hm, I can't get my compiled version to launch on my Tegra 2-based phone. I know that the Tegra 2 doesn't support hardware decoding of H264, so it's a pointless exercise in the long run, but I was hoping to get to try out the interface.
Just tried it out on my htc desire hd works
motorola xoom 2 doesnt work just a black screen
Just read the blog article! Congrats guys, I know a lot of people for a while have been asking for this. I'm hoping we see more Android powered set-top boxes come out. I only know of two so far... This Pivos one and AC Ryan Veolo.

(2012-07-14, 16:05)davilla Wrote: XIOS, not the AIOS.
yup ! my mistake ! corrected it !
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

Tried this out on my NookColor. The screen isn't stretched all the way and the touch screen doesn’t seem to be responsive. Not sure if that has to do with the state of the app itself or if I need some way to install the touch screen theme? Regardless, this is great news!
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.6