• 7(current)
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.
(2012-07-15, 10:17)Tobby Wrote: When I try to add Windows network (SMB) as a video source it gives me 'Error 2: share not available'

Samsung Galaxy S2

What machine are you sharing from?
What will it take to get this working on a Logitech Revue? I will seriously consider doing almost anything to get it working on it.
considering a Pivos Xios if i can get one in UK Smile (hmmmm might become apply to become a UK reseller)

Can't want to try it Smile
I'm just wondering. I have an HTC sensation, and I downloaded it, but there is just a black screen. The CPU is a snapdragon s3 with an adreno 220 gpu. I'm aware that it will not work on a tegra 2, but should it work on my HTC. Also, I was informed that the first loading is long, but its been like this now for at least 15 minutes. Thank you in advance, and keep up the awesome work Smile
(2012-07-15, 10:19)papampi Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 10:17)Tobby Wrote: When I try to add Windows network (SMB) as a video source it gives me 'Error 2: share not available'

Samsung Galaxy S2
has no smb problem on my Galaxy Note ..
How did you set up your settings on the phone and pc?

(2012-07-15, 10:28)T800 Wrote:

Samsung Galaxy S2

What machine are you sharing from?
PC
http://www.ebuyer.com/364740-sumvision-c...nenanoslim

Is this rebranded Pivos XIOS DS?
(2012-07-15, 10:43)TheRealEdwin Wrote: What will it take to get this working on a Logitech Revue? I will seriously consider doing almost anything to get it working on it.

Davilla says GoogleTV's lack the Android NDK (native development kit) which was used to port XBMC, you can apparently hack GoogleTV's to install the NDK but unless Google add it themselves there will be no easy way to run it on a GoogleTV.

(2012-07-15, 12:14)koscica Wrote: http://www.ebuyer.com/364740-sumvision-c...nenanoslim

Is this rebranded Pivos XIOS DS?

Those are another amlogic 8726 Android box, there are many of them out there (the OEM is Geniatech) and I have one but XBMC doesn't work properly on it. In the future it might run okay on the generic 8726 Android boxes if you buy one and want to wait it out, but getting a Pivos XIOS is the safest bet.
(2012-07-15, 12:20)Starstream Wrote: Davilla says GoogleTV's lack the Android NDK (native development kit) which was used to port XBMC, you can apparently hack GoogleTV's to install the NDK but unless Google add it themselves there will be no easy way to run it on a GoogleTV.

Those are another amlogic 8726 Android box, there are many of them out there (the OEM is Geniatech) and I have one but XBMC doesn't work properly on it. In the future it might run okay on the generic 8726 Android boxes if you buy one and want to wait it out, but getting a Pivos XIOS is the safest bet.

The safest bet is too wait a few months until the code actually settles down instead of running off and buying the first thing at the first sign
Is there a place for reporting bugs in xbmc for android?
I tried adding a source but it's impossible to type anything into the fields. Can't select the on-screen keys and a physical keyboard won't work either.
Other than that it works pretty good for a beta version. Smile
Tried it on a mediapad ics, it runs but not able to select any menu. Seems it doesn't react to touch, tried with a Bluetooth mouse but that does not work either.
(2012-07-15, 12:53)Snippo Wrote: Is there a place for reporting bugs in xbmc for android?
I tried adding a source but it's impossible to type anything into the fields. Can't select the on-screen keys and a physical keyboard won't work either.
Other than that it works pretty good for a beta version. Smile

beta? It isn't even an alpha version yet. Like said by Jezz_X just let it settle for a while until more work on it has been done
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-07-14, 12:34)Speedst3r Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 10:57)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Oh, so many questions about advanced capabilities on something that's barely out there...

I see two posts about capabilities - one about realtek MIPS chipsets, and mine about the XIOS DS. Considering it is the development platform for the Android port don't you think the devs know a reasonable amount of what they can do with that hardware? (y'know, considering they have been developing on it?)

<Breathes in...> oh, never mind, it clearly lost something when committed to text ... ! <breathes out again>

Well done to all the people who've made this possible. I look forward to it becoming mainstream; I guess there's a genuine balance between "full capability" and "penetration due to running on really low-cost hardware", but the way Android hardware changes then you can probably blink and even in-line USB machines will have more than enough grunt.
(2012-07-14, 21:55)highoak Wrote: you need to edit the guisettings.xml file. change the <remoteaskeyboard> tag to true instead of false.
the file is in Anfroid->Data->org.xbmc.xbmc->files
you can use xbmc remote app in your android mobile or tablet to control

tell me if your movies are working well, because in my mk802 the frame rate is below 10 fps

I've no files under Android->Data->org.xbmc.xbmc->files, I'm looking for advancedsettings.xml file to setup mysql server configuration, anyone found it?
Working great on my Transformer Prime with media shared from my main HTPC via SMB:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csLJrpPr9r8
  • XBMC Remote App works
  • Aeon Nox Skin works (with Remote)
  • No Hardware acceleration currently so 720p was naturally a bit iffy.
  • Couldnt get FLAC to play, Ogg and mp3's work great.
  • Works on the TV via mini HDMI.

Excellent Stuff.

On my ics tablet it seems to just stop accepting commands over a long period of time.

It registers clicks but nothing happens.

Ive managed to install NRK video add-on and it played.

Right now ive used 30 min to just select video folder and scraper

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.6