• 2(current)
Android Compile for Android fails at configure
someone will to post a link to an .apk so I can load on my revue and check it out?
(2012-07-14, 22:46)slithers Wrote: someone will to post a link to an .apk so I can load on my revue and check it out?

I don't think anyone will send you a link. Currently its a development pre-view for bug fixing. An apk will be released in a few weeks time when most serious bugs are fixed. I suggest you better wait if you are not able to compile yourself.

I am trying couple of gcc optimisation options now. SD video seems to play well. It does crash a bit within GUI.
(2012-07-14, 22:46)slithers Wrote: someone will to post a link to an .apk so I can load on my revue and check it out?

I don't believe it's going to run on the Logitech Revue. As stated on the Google TV development website, there is no NDK support for Google TV currently. There is an open issue requesting NDK support:

http://code.google.com/p/googletv-issues...tail?id=12

I have compiled and tried and it on the Logitech Revue and XBMC crashes immediately. We will probably have much better luck with the 2nd generation ARM-based Google TV devices.

http://gtvhacker.com/index.php/Logitech_Revue_Technical , see NDK Support
also http://forum.gtvhacker.com/revue-develop...ic293.html

compiling x86 as in for the emulator will NOT work
compiling armv7 will NOT work as Logitech Revue is x86 arch...
Followed the README.android again carefully and got it all working.

Modified the mtune to cortex-a8 and up the optimzation to O3 with -funroll-loops. XBMC crashed quite often (OOM) but seems stable after I copied all the configurations from raspberry pi including some fine tuning like dirty region.

Is there any official channel to reports bugs related to andriod port? Can we create a dedicated thread in the development forum?

Here are small bugs I found

*) characters outside ASCII not showing up
*) distorted audio (music/video) when volume is other than 100%
*) cannot set location in weather
*) timezone is not working
*) libFLAC.so is missing in the apk
*) nfs not working even with libnfs.so (I suspect it need rpc running). Saw following errors in logcat
V/XBMC (31023): xb_dlopen: Error from dlopen(/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/libnfs.so): Cannot load library: reloc_library[1314]: 158 cannot locate 'authunix_create_default'...
(2012-07-14, 21:33)sn0wmis3r Wrote: I managed to get a clean compile but it crashes when it tries to start. I'm on a T989 Galaxy S2 (hercules) running cm9. Here is my logcat output (might include some noise from other apps, the filter on xbmc restricts too much of the logs):

http://pastebin.com/nRJVvv1Q

Your error seems to stem from this:
Code:
07-14 13:10:10.851: W/ApplicationContext(29212): Unable to create external files directory

Figure out what directory it's trying to create and where and fix it...
We aren't ready for bug reports yet (remember, we asked that only developers build/run for now).

The above problems are all known (except for flac, which was a small oversight. will push that up in a few min).

the libnfs author is actively working on an android port with his own rpc stuff. libnfs is currently the only lib that's not successfully built (which sucks, cause I share all my local media via nfs Smile. Watch progress here: https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/tree/zdr
(2012-07-15, 22:57)theuni Wrote: We aren't ready for bug reports yet (remember, we asked that only developers build/run for now).

The above problems are all known (except for flac, which was a small oversight. will push that up in a few min).

the libnfs author is actively working on an android port with his own rpc stuff. libnfs is currently the only lib that's not successfully built (which sucks, cause I share all my local media via nfs Smile. Watch progress here: https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/tree/zdr

Thanks for the update. I modified the packing makefile to force it to include libFLAC.so but it now got problem loading the shared object with "NULL" as the reason throwing to the logcat.
I'm trying (but failing) to compile with "-mfloat-abi=hard" instead of "-mfloat-abi=softfp" is that intentional?
(2012-07-15, 23:26)Duduke Wrote: I'm trying (but failing) to compile with "-mfloat-abi=hard" instead of "-mfloat-abi=softfp" is that intentional?

I do not believe that the Android NDK supports -mfloat-abi=hard.
Here's a big fat warning Smile "DO NOT TRY TO OUT THINK OUR DEFAULT SETTINGS" you will epic fail.
What davilla said. And to add to it: if you change your settings, please don't ask us why your settings didn't work. If they should work and they don't, I'd be happy to review a patch.

@s7mx1: flac verified working at df375a90c7d858c6e6657a71d7e50d9e5d31949d.

Edit: ignore link above, it goes to mainline.
-Oin-fuckin-credible <- now i can control XBMC on Android with my RC-Heli radio control and it even makes me a coffee... :8
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Run into the below issues why does it not find -gcc and does it need a host specified ? I am cross compiling on a 64 bit x86 system
$ ./configure --with-toolchain=/home/tools/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/android-14/
checking for -gcc... no
configure: WARNING: host was not specified. guessing.
checking for gcc... /home/tools/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/android-14/arm-linux-androideabi/bin/gcc
toolchain: /home/tools/prebuilt/linux-x86/toolchain/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.x/android-14/
cpu: armeabi-v7a
host: arm-linux-androideabi
sdk-platform: android-10
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating Makefile.include
Which NDK are you using. You need this one, in the README.android

To develop XBMC for Android the Android SDK and NDK are required.
Because the Android NDK is lacking support for wide characters (wchar_t)
which XBMC relies on for Unicode implementation, a third-party NDK
from Crystax is being used.

also, do you have gcc installed. sudo apt-get install build-essential on Ubuntu.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile for Android fails at configure1