• 4(current)
Android Compile for Android fails at configure
Ubuntu 12.04, tried both crystax NDKr7 9 and 14. Getting the following while building dependencies.

------------------------------

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking for egrep... grep -E
Configuring NCURSES 5.9 ABI 5 (Thu Jul 26 17:16:47 PDT 2012)
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... arm-unknown-linux-androideabi
checking target system type... arm-unknown-linux-androideabi
Configuring for linux-androideabi
checking for prefix... /home/jeffbaier/workspace/android-toolchain/android-14/staging/armeabi-v7a
checking for arm-linux-androideabi-gcc... /home/jeffbaier/workspace/android-toolchain/android-14/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
make[1]: *** [armeabi-v7a] Error 77
look in config.log for ncurses, it will show the exact error.
I too am trying to compile xbmc-android.

Here are some corrections and notes to the README.android:

The configure part of the build could do with some more documenting in the README. It wasn't until I read this thread that I realized its looking for NEW environment variables and the errors provided give no hint to this. It simply spits out vague errors about not being able to find SDK or NDK. Specifically, XBMC_ANDROID_SDK,
XBMC_ANDROID_NDK, and XBMC_ANDROID_TARBALLS are all required. I have no idea what "tarballs" is or why its required so I simply did, 'XBMC_ANDROID_TARBALLS=.'. I have no idea if that's correct but it does allow the configure to complete. Some documentation updates here would be great.

Also, If you abort for any reason, the repository seems to be left in a strange state, whereby future attempts to compile can be doomed. Do, "make distclean" to fix and start again.

The documentation notes that one should not be shy of "make -j20". That will likely take longer. On my quad core system, a "make -j9" completely saturates my cores. I didn't play but I expect even a '-j8' would do the same. As such, something like a '-j20' is simply going to take longer, not shorter, unless you have more than 8-10 cores on your computer. Its worth noting my cache was working rather well (little reading) so perhaps a -j20 will pay off if you have nothing cached and its mostly waiting on I/O. For me, this wasn't an issue and would have simply taken longer to compile.

After all that, I get an error which halts everything:
Code:
../form/fty_num.c: In function 'Check_This_Field':
../form/fty_num.c:250:11: error: 'struct lconv' has no member named 'decimal_point'
../form/fty_num.c:250:11: error: 'struct lconv' has no member named 'decimal_point'
../form/fty_num.c: In function 'Check_This_Character':
../form/fty_num.c:302:5: error: 'struct lconv' has no member named 'decimal_point'
../form/fty_num.c:302:5: error: 'struct lconv' has no member named 'decimal_point'
make[3]: *** [../objects/fty_num.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/cope/project/my/a1x/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/ncurses/armeabi-v7a/form'
make[2]: *** [install] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/cope/project/my/a1x/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/ncurses/armeabi-v7a'
make[1]: *** [.installed-armeabi-v7a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/cope/project/my/a1x/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/ncurses'
make: *** [ncurses] Error 2

Compilation fails at ncurses; as seen above. I went ahead and did a 'make -j9 -i' for make to allow it to continue. I'll have to come back and see why that portion of the compile fails. I quick glance at ncurses' config.log didn't immediately reveal the issue - just says, 'aborted'. Though the above error seems pretty obvious. Regardless, as I don't appear to be the only person with ncurses related issues, perhaps that's an area in need of additional refinement.

I'm on Mint Linux 13, 64-bit.
still waiting for that config.log from ncurses... Smile
(2012-07-27, 19:08)davilla Wrote: still waiting for that config.log from ncurses... Smile

http://pastebin.com/i3Z7EXps
/home/jeffbaier/workspace/android-toolchain/android-14/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: not found

your setup is borked.
$ ls -al /home/jeffbaier/workspace/android-toolchain/android-14/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc

-rwxr-xr-x 2 jeffbaier jeffbaier 303192 Feb 11 01:18 /home/jeffbaier/workspace/android-toolchain/android-14/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc

$ file /home/jeffbaier/workspace/android-toolchain/android-14/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc

/home/jeffbaier/workspace/android-toolchain/android-14/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, stripped

------------------------

The file is there. I'm going to try building the NDK myself, instead of using the prebuilt binaries.
whoah, did you not read README.android section 3.)

To develop XBMC for Android the Android SDK and NDK are required.
Because the Android NDK is lacking support for wide characters (wchar_t)
which XBMC relies on for Unicode implementation, a third-party NDK
from Crystax is being used.

You need to use Crystax and not the standard google NDK.
(2012-07-28, 01:54)davilla Wrote: whoah, did you not read README.android section 3.)

To develop XBMC for Android the Android SDK and NDK are required.
Because the Android NDK is lacking support for wide characters (wchar_t)
which XBMC relies on for Unicode implementation, a third-party NDK
from Crystax is being used.

You need to use Crystax and not the standard google NDK.

(2012-07-27, 02:43)jeffbaier Wrote: Ubuntu 12.04, tried both crystax NDKr7 9 and 14. Getting the following while building dependencies.

------------------------------
{snip}

Its strange because it compiles some of the dependencies. I end up with a bunch of tarballs in my workspace folder. Ncurses is the only one that blows up. The toolchain seems to be there.
/home/jeffbaier/workspace/android-toolchain/android-14/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -v
Rainbow 
(2012-07-28, 04:04)davilla Wrote: /home/jeffbaier/workspace/android-toolchain/android-14/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc -v

Ok, running that command gave 'bash: ./arm-linux-androideabi-gcc: No such file or directory'. So that gave me a pretty serious WTF, because I can ls and file and the binary is clearly there.

I used google and figured out my problem. I forgot to install the ia32-libs. Just like it says in the README. I have sudo apt-get install ia32-libs at the top of my freaking notes even. I really don't know how I spaced that and didn't get them installed.

A million apologies for wasting everyone's time.

I'm compiling now, hopefully I'll be good from here.
Smile
Dito here. Somehow missed the crystix ndk install part.
Is there any news on NFS support?
Nope. Upstream dev is busy atm.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile for Android fails at configure1