• 5(current)
Android Compile for Android fails at configure
(2012-07-14, 10:27)Anssi Wrote: Use:
Code:
./configure --with-toolchain=/home/kmobs/android-toolchain/android-14

I.e. don't add the "/bin/arm-linux-androideabi" and use a '=' between the path and "--with-toolchain".

Hi , i tried your thing but i getting error message
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-toochain
configure: error: No toolchain defined
--with-toochain

is not

--with-toolchain
I keep getting "Arm toolchain not found bla bla" errors when configuring deps.

But maybe the problem lays here: (3.3 of README)

The --install-dir option (and therefore the <android-toolchain> value)
specifies where the resulting toolchain should be installed (your choice).

# cd <android-ndk>
# ls platforms
# cd build/tools
# ./make-standalone-toolchain.sh --ndk-dir=../../ \
--install-dir=<android-toolchain>/android-9 --platform=android-9

Could anybody reverse-engineer this to me? What I thought this to mean was
that you are free to set any new/empty folder as the place to put the to-be-built toolchain,
for some reason (or no reason) adding an android-9 subfolder thereafter.
So - before any other question - is this so?

Following the rest of the README and adding three env. vars still gives me the error.
host, build etc parameters are not explained anywhere but configure suggests them.
Yes you can specify any directory/path you like. The "android-9" is optional as well, it's just "good practice" because the platform of the toolchain is android-9. Concerning your problem, did you call configure with --with-toolchain=<android-toolchain-including-"android-9">? Maybe you forgot that?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
No, problem was not the parameter. It was indeed the misunderstanding the part pasted above.
<android-toolchain> is not a freely choosable folder, but a folder inside android-ndk/toolchains/and-here-choosable
so after guessing that, things _magically_ worked. Thanks anyway.
Nope <android-toolchain> is freely choosable. On my system I have the crystax ndk in "/opt/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2" and the standalone toolchain in "/opt/android-toolchains/crystax-9" so definitely not in the ndk directory. So you're problem must be somewhere else. Have you check if the standalone toolchain has really been created in the directory you pointed to?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
That's similar to my previous setup. Created separate folder for toolchain. After the create-toolchain script it contains 6 folders and the 2 copying files, yes everything seems to be there. But at the point where configure looks for host and consequently gcc (not -gcc) it does not recognize host, cpu and gcc. Not even that there's a toolchain. Repeated the whole thing with toolchain inside android-ndk/toolchains/arm-linux-blabla/android-9 and it worked. You are saying it's sort of...luck and does not depend on the location/presence of other stuff. Ok. I'll retry in the future when my mele a2000 arrives. For now I can go on with the rest of the readme. Thanks again.
It would help if you could post how you call configure and what environment variables you've set.
(2012-09-27, 09:34)Montellese Wrote: It would help if you could post how you call configure and what environment variables you've set.

export XBMC_ANDROID_SDK="/home/x/android-sdk/"
export XBMC_ANDROID_NDK="/home/x/android-ndk/"
export XBMC_ANDROID_TARBALLS="/home/x/anballs"
in .bashrc

calling configure with
./configure --with-toolchain=/home/x/android-ndk/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6.3/andoid-9
works!
./configure --with-toolchain=/home/x/androidtoolchain/andoid-9
did not work.
(obviously previously creating toolchain in both folders)

Anyway,
other problem with deps compilation

http://pastebin.com/RDFDqiAF

Short story is libshairport does not compile because of
shairport.h:11:19: fatal error: regex.h: No such file or directory

Did not notice this before because when using make j2+ it does not halt or complain at the end.
you used crystax ndk for sure?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-09-27, 22:57)Memphiz Wrote: you used crystax ndk for sure?

for sure sir
android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2-linux-x86

(do you have a sort of automatic message answering service with this question?) Laugh
if it's only me, could you tell me where you have that regex.h?
(I downloaded/git-ed everything 2 days ago)
Hello there,

I am trying to build xbmc for android from latest (today) sources in an ubuntu 12.10 vm, using openjdk 6 (someone said earlier that 7 won't work).

I do believe I have followed all the steps (this second time around) from README.android, still getting errors.

This is my config.log: http://pastebin.com/N4jxB3MB

the make of xbmc/tools/android/depends finishes with some errors, this is an excerpt from the end of it:

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
make[1]: *** [armeabi-v7a] Error 77
make: *** [ncurses] Error 2

Many thanks for any idea on how to solve this
(2012-07-28, 01:54)davilla Wrote: whoah, did you not read README.android section 3.)

To develop XBMC for Android the Android SDK and NDK are required.
Because the Android NDK is lacking support for wide characters (wchar_t)
which XBMC relies on for Unicode implementation, a third-party NDK
from Crystax is being used.

You need to use Crystax and not the standard google NDK.

From what I understand, the new C++11 character types are available in the GCC supported by Android NDK however the library itself doesn't support them. Other than bugging Google to add that, is there anything else that can be done which would allow the use of the Google NDK?
no, if Google NDK is missing stuff we need that is supplied by Crystax, then we really don't have a choice, do we.
hi, I have been trying to compile xbmc for android all all day, had various lib issues which I think I have solved but still struggling on:

/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends$ sudo make

it goes for ages and then:

make -C afpfs-ng
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/billy/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/afpfs-ng'
rm -rf armeabi-v7a; mkdir -p armeabi-v7a
/bin/sh: 1: rm: not found
/bin/sh: 1: mkdir: not found
make[1]: *** [armeabi-v7a] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/billy/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/afpfs-ng'
make: *** [afpfs-ng] Error 2

Can someone assist? google hasn't helped so far, t y.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile for Android fails at configure1