• 6(current)
Android Compile for Android fails at configure
Probably not the issue but why do you need to run make as root?

The error says that there are no "rm" or "mkdir" commands available in your /bin/sh shell.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
'sudo make' ... sure fire way to mess up your system Smile Never, ever use sudo like this.
But I get permission denied errors otherwise? sudo was the only way I knew of, is there some other method I should use?
because you used sudo, you have poisoned your tree. delete it and start again. If you get 'permission denied errors', then post what you did and the errors. In other words, c/p to www.pastebin.com.
SOOO Frustrating this android stuff is Sad
A couple weeks back I had Android compiling fine. I saw there was some borkage in the git logs so I waited until I saw last night that it was rolled back and should be working and well. I can't make it build at all.
using this script
Code:
#! /bin/bash
function itborked {
echo "it borked try again"
exit 1
}
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
if [ "$?" == "1" ];
then
echo -ne "                                                                                                  \r"
echo -ne "\e[1;31;40mthere was an error. Report it and exit.\e[0m\r"
itborked
elif [ "$?" == "2" ];
then
echo -ne "                                                                                                  \r"
itborked
fi
apt-get install build-essential default-jdk git curl autoconf unzip zip zlib1g-dev gawk gperf cmake
if [ "$?" == "1" ];
then
itborked
elif [ "$?" == "2" ];
then
itborked
fi
apt-get install ia32-libs
#missing things needed
apt-get install doxygen swig libtool
if [ "$?" == "1" ];
then
itborked
elif [ "$?" == "2" ];
then
itborked
fi
#install things needed for my buildbot

apt-get install php5 php5-cli php5-mssql
if [ "$?" == "1" ];
then
itborked
elif [ "$?" == "2" ];
then
itborked
fi
cd /devel/android-sdk/tools
./android update sdk -u -t platform,platform-tool
if [ "$?" == "1" ];
then
itborked
elif [ "$?" == "2" ];
then
itborked
fi
cd /devel/android-ndk/build/tools
./make-standalone-toolchain.sh --ndk-dir=/devel/android-ndk/ --install-dir=/devel/android-toolchain/android-14 --platform=android-14
keytool -genkey -keystore ~/.android/debug.keystore -v -alias androiddebugkey -dname "CN=Android Debug,O=Android,C=US" -keypass android -storepass android -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
cd /devel

DIRECTORY="/devel/xbmc"
if [ ! -d "$DIRECTORY" ]; then
git clone git://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git xbmc
else
cd /devel/xbmc
git pull
fi

if [ "$?" == "1" ];
then
itborked
elif [ "$?" == "2" ];
then
itborked
fi
cd /devel/xbmc
git submodule update --init addons/skin.touched
if [ "$?" == "1" ];
then
itborked
elif [ "$?" == "2" ];
then
itborked
fi
cd /devel/xbmc/tools/android/depends
./bootstrap
if [ "$?" == "1" ];
then
itborked
elif [ "$?" == "2" ];
then
itborked
fi
./configure --with-sdk-platform=android-14 --with-toolchain=/devel/android-toolchain/android-14 --with-sdk=/devel/android-sdk  --with-ndk=/devel/android-ndk --with-tarballs=/devel/tarballs
if [ "$?" == "1" ];
then
itborked
elif [ "$?" == "2" ];
then
itborked
fi
make -j20 #this takes a REALLY LONG TIME
if [ "$?" == "1" ];
then
itborked
elif [ "$?" == "2" ];
then
itborked
fi
cd /devel/xbmc
#ran to here with no errors but below command was missing swig and doxygen so installed them and re-ran the above
#build still fails with swig.swig not found, tried apt-get build-dep swig && apt-get -b source swig && dpkg -i *.deb and though it installed file, the build below still fails :(
make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc
if [ "$?" == "1" ];
then
itborked
elif [ "$?" == "2" ];
then
itborked
fi

I get all the way down to the last part which is make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc and it dies on which seems like it's nearly at the end on the linking but the error is:
Code:
mkdir -p xbmc/interfaces/python/generated
/devel/android-toolchain/android-14/staging/armeabi-v7a-native/bin/swig -w401 -c++ -o xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/AddonModuleXbmc.xml -xml -I./xbmc -xmllang python xbmc/interfaces/swig/AddonModuleXbmc.i
:1: Error: Unable to find 'swig.swg'

I tried the swig from the respository and nada so I did a apt-get build-dep swig and then apt-get -b source swig then installed them and still nada. swig -version works as does which swig so it is there. but for some reason XBMC can't see it Sad

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
try it again when our buildbot goes green on this side for android:

http://buildbot.xbmc.org/waterfall

If so you we will have updated the readme with new instructions since we did major unification changes on the buildsystem which are not finished yet...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi guys,

I'm trying to build XIOS-XBMC-APK as shown on Pivos Forum:
http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2966

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS x64 and I'm trying to compile XBMC from the Pivos Fork

All the parts of the example executes just fine:
Code:
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/evgeniy/Pivos/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/xbmc-pvr-addons/armeabi-v7a'
touch .installed-armeabi-v7a
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/evgeniy/Pivos/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/xbmc-pvr-addons'
Dependencies built successfully.
evgeniy@ubuntu:~/Pivos/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends$

but when I reach the:
Code:
cd $HOME/Pivos/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/xbmc
make -j8

I get this error:
Code:
aclocal.m4:4174: _LT_LINKER_SHLIBS is expanded from...
aclocal.m4:5249: _LT_LANG_C_CONFIG is expanded from...
aclocal.m4:160: _LT_SETUP is expanded from...
aclocal.m4:89: LT_INIT is expanded from...
aclocal.m4:124: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is expanded from...
configure.ac:100: the top level
configure.ac:26: installing `./config.guess'
configure.ac:26: installing `./config.sub'
configure.ac:22: installing `./install-sh'
configure.ac:22: installing `./missing'
examples/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
autoreconf: Leaving directory `lib/libdvd/libdvdnav'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/evgeniy/Pivos/xbmc-android'
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/evgeniy/Pivos/xbmc-android'
make[1]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1.  Add `+' to parent make rule.
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/AddonModuleXbmc.cpp', needed by `codegenerated'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/evgeniy/Pivos/xbmc-android'
make: *** [../../../..//libxbmc.so] Error 2
evgeniy@ubuntu:~/Pivos/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/xbmc$

As you can see the issue is with the compiling AddonModuleXbmc.cpp which doesn't present in the folder.
I have installed latest JRE, Doxygen,swig

I have tried same on x86 system and I get same error.

Here's the config.log file:
http://pastebin.com/YD3m1JzU

Any help is very appreciated! Thank you!
You should ask that one on pivos forum i guess. The swig/codegeneration step was not executed or cluttered during the -j8 parallized build.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thank you. I will post that to Pivos Forum.
I just wonder may this be related to the reason I'm using the VMWare with the Ubuntu x86 & x64 installed?
Here's what Davila suggested:

Quote:cd $HOME/Pivos/xbmc-android
make clean

make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc

will try tonight and will let you know if that worked.

Thanks again!
Our buildslave for android is building each night on ubuntu 12.04 x86_64 - that should be fine.
Thanks for reply. yesterday Davila's code did it's magic - I managed to compile the XBMC.

Thank you guys!
me too stuck with similar problem.... Waiting for your reply...
Did you try similar fixes ?
While compiling xbmc v12, i got this error. What will be the problem?

../form/fty_num.c: In function 'Check_This_Field':
../form/fty_num.c:250:11: error: 'struct lconv' has no member named 'decimal_point'
../form/fty_num.c:250:11: error: 'struct lconv' has no member named 'decimal_point'
../form/fty_num.c: In function 'Check_This_Character':
../form/fty_num.c:302:5: error: 'struct lconv' has no member named 'decimal_point'
../form/fty_num.c:302:5: error: 'struct lconv' has no member named 'decimal_point'
make[3]: *** [../objects/fty_num.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/vijeesh/xbmc-12.2/tools/android/depends/ncurses/armeabi-v7a/form'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/vijeesh/xbmc-12.2/tools/android/depends/ncurses/armeabi-v7a'
make[1]: *** [armeabi-v7a/lib/libncurses.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vijeesh/xbmc-12.2/tools/android/depends/ncurses'
make: *** [ncurses] Error 2
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile for Android fails at configure1