Release TheAudioDb.com Artists and Albums scrapers
Q about the artist/album sraper: Is it possible to have a "prefered language" and "second language" added to the scraper? I mean that if there is no "norwegian" info, it scrape the "english" info instead.
Btw how do I change to Norwegian? I only get the english artist info.

I mean; If the scraper can't find the other language translations (in my case Norwegian), why should I care spending HOURS adding these other languages in tADb Huh
Try using the universal scrapers. I think they have the option of languages and also source as theaudiodb too.
I use tUniS on my other system, and only English as well (yes, i have changed the info language to Norwegian).
this is not a huge issue for me, but when spending much time adding Norwegian info (other languages as well), I would love to see it work...
@olympia any chance of updating these scrapers to support moods

moods = strMood

I had a quick look but can't quite get it due to all the fallback stuff in metadata.common.theaudiodb.com
I've started to try and check this scraper out after having videos for years I cannot add. Love the work.

I have all my music videos in seperate folders such as:

\MUSIC VIDEOS\ACDC\Back In Black\ACDC - Back In Black.avi
\MUSIC VIDEOS\ACDC\It's a Long Way to the Top\ACDC - It's a Long Way to the Top.avi

I have run the scraper and out of a test library of 700 files I get 480 results.

The first fail I see is with all the ACDC files...

I have all ACDC videos failing to obtain a result but on the site an alternative name is set to ACDC from AC/DC but even though all files I have ate ADCD - Song.avi they all fail.

Not sure where I am going wrong but sould love some help to find out so I can tackle the other 200 files that failed.
So the answer it seems is the scraper doesn't search alternative names and you need to have EVERY character in the artist - song name exact or it doesn't work.

For AC/DC I could not find a way to make it work so had to resort to manually filling in the NFO.

Most other failed results were simply because of the use of "&" instead of "and", omission of "The" on a band, missing comma or full stop after a word etc.

For the most part the scraper has worked great but certainly does need a bit of attention to how it looks up matches.
Weirdness. Scraper (or maybe it's the XBMC Library update) just skips various artists.

So I have AudioDB as my primary scraper for now. I have XBMC Gotham (latest) on Openelec.
Completely fresh start (full reinstall, xbmc folder deleted off my system, so that includes userdata and MyMusic.db etc
Set debug output on so a hefty xbmc.log
I have an album of 'The Monkees' (just an example.. Wink ). Everything is tagged quite well. Monkees are available in audiodb.com.

The only mention of 'Monkees' in the log is below:

Code:
22:38:19 T:140229088450304   DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://19
2.168.1.10/Music/The%20Monkees
22:38:19 T:140229088450304   DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://19
2.168.1.10/Music/The%20Monkees/16%20Greatest%20Hits
22:38:19 T:140228668946176   DEBUG: Get: Using content of "http://www.theaudiod
b.com/api/v1/json/58424d43204d6564696120/searchalbum.php?s=Air&a=Love%202" as b
inary or text with "UTF-8" charset
22:38:19 T:140228668946176   DEBUG: scraper: GetAlbumSearchResults returned <re
sults><entity><year>2009</year><artist>Air</artist><title>Love 2</title><url ca
che="tadb-Air-album.json">http://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/58424d43204d656
4696120/album.php?m=2113865</url></entity></results>
22:38:19 T:140228668946176   DEBUG: Thread MusicInfoScraper 140228668946176 ter
minating

As you can tell the scraper was/is busy with Air, fine, but no other mention of any work done on Monkees. I would expect a searchalbum.php?s=Monkees&a=Monkees or something along those lines?

What gives? Why is this being skipped? How can I rescan skipped ones?
System: Kodi on NVidia Shield 2015
Video: Panasonic AE3000 Projector / Samsung 46" LCD
Audio: Quad 2912 on Nord DM500Up with Marantz 7010 receiver.
Hello all,

Is this scraper the current best practice for music videos? Does it still require separate folder by artist?
This thread is for the Artist and Album scrapers

The MVID scraper is here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=136105
Upcoming breaking API change!

http://www.theaudiodb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=628

For info i've also change the ratings to be compatible with XBMC "1-5" now

I've also added a strMood and strStyle fields to match the XBMC database Wink

Could these changes be made in the scraper? I did have a quick look but found it hard to understand especially as it has shared code with the universal artist scraper.
The API change has now been made.

strGenre
strMood
strStyle

strSubGenre has been depreciated.
Amazing!

Thanks to @olympia for updating the scrapers.

Hopefully in the future we can sort by Style and Mood Smile

Looks like you can do some HTML encoding in the artist name. Try AC\%2FDC\ -\ Back\ in\ Black.avi if you're using *nix. Picks it up fine for me.

(2014-07-27, 09:19)phsyraxion Wrote: I've started to try and check this scraper out after having videos for years I cannot add. Love the work.

I have all my music videos in seperate folders such as:

\MUSIC VIDEOS\ACDC\Back In Black\ACDC - Back In Black.avi
\MUSIC VIDEOS\ACDC\It's a Long Way to the Top\ACDC - It's a Long Way to the Top.avi

I have run the scraper and out of a test library of 700 files I get 480 results.

The first fail I see is with all the ACDC files...

I have all ACDC videos failing to obtain a result but on the site an alternative name is set to ACDC from AC/DC but even though all files I have ate ADCD - Song.avi they all fail.

Not sure where I am going wrong but sould love some help to find out so I can tackle the other 200 files that failed.
Can't connect to the audiodb to get any artist info. When trying to connect to "www.theaudiodb.com" with a web browser i'm getting the error below. Haven't been able to connect in several hours, thanks.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
Thanks for the headsup.

Server has been fixed!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDb.com Artists and Albums scrapers3