XBMC on-off control
I've recently switched my NAS setup over to XBMC using Openelec installed on a Acer ER1401
The Acer is configured to suspend and can be woken up either by WOL or when it detects activity on the IR receiver plugged into the USB port
My second XBMC sends a WOL to the main system on powerup.
The only thing that is missing is the ability to switch the main installation on/off when need to copy files over from my PC or netbook.
I couldn't find a single application that suited, so I wrote a small (120k) windows application to allow me to do this.

In summary the application pings to check if XBMC is running, sends a magic packet to wake the computer or sends a shutdown command to the web interface.

No install is needed, though you will need .net installed and XBMC web management enabled on port 8080. Tested on windows 7 only

When the application is run a status icon will appear in the system tray, which will show the status of the target XBMC
Valid Status indicators are

No Network
Waiting for status update
XBMC is running
XBMC is stopped

Right click the icon to either enter config or exit.

Config items are
MAC: this is the mac address for the WOL magic packet
IP: this is IP to send pings to and the shutdown command (on port 8080)
Std Ping: length of time (ms) between pings for checking status. Default is 1 minute
Fast ping: length of time (ms) between pings for startup or starting/stopping XBMC. Default is 1 second and reverts back to std ping after 15s
Note there is no error checking on config values!

So if the icon shows XMBC as stopped - click the icon to start and vice versa

The file can be downloaded here
https://rapidshare.com/files/3557684419/xmbcremote.rar

t

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on-off control 0