Add/change sort methods in video view
Hello,

I'd like to be able to sort my television shows by duration, e.g.:
  • Doctor Who - 4:01:07
  • My Little Pony - 6:00:38
  • The Whitest Kids U' Know - 8:56:45

I've figured out that the sort options in the side-pane are dependent on the skin, since Confluence offers three options (year, episodes, and name) while another skin I tried only offered two. However, I don't speak XML and can't for the life of me figure out how to modify the skin to add this option or change one of the existing ones (I don't need the 'year' sort and would replace that if I had to). Can someone point me to the section of code I need to modify?
There is no sort by runtime available, but you could possibly use a smartplaylist to achieve it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

its not skin dependent its set in the c++ code of xbmc why other skins only show 2 is probably because they do some other fancy trick instead of using the proper button.
Hi,

An old thread ... but i do my research before posting a new (useless) thread Smile
Jmarshall and Jezz_X, you already give the answer.

I just want to know if there is a way (skin modding) to get other type of "sort by".
For example, i would sort tv-show by rating (you can do this in the movie library view).

I already use smartplaylist, but i have to switch beetween 2 (or more) smartplaylist in order to gt my "sort by" OK.
For example, i want to quickly see which tv-show is the most popular (sort by vote) and witch is the most rated (sort by rating), without enter a SmartPL, exiting and entering the new SmartPL.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add/change sort methods in video view0