Hide System Tab
I am running the latest frodo build and in the skin settings I can hide everything except the system tab. I want to be able to hide it so people can't go into it and make changes. Since I mapped a button on my remote remote for settings I don't see a need for that system to on the home screen. any help would be awesome

Thanks
If you really want to do this you can hide it permanently

Open up home.xml in notepad++ and find the section of code below
Code:
<item id="5">
    <label>13000</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
</item>

then add in the condition

Code:
<visible>false</visible>

So it look like this

Code:
<item id="5">
    <label>13000</label>
    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
    <icon>-</icon>
    <thumb>-</thumb>
    <visible>false</visible>
</item>

You will not have "settings" on your main menu anymore.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Would be nice if this was a togglable option that followed the different useraccounts. This way you could set up a account with system visible and a regular account for everyday use that had the system hidden
you can always use the confluence lite mod aka "yet another confluence mod" there is an ability a toggle for it.
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

Hi,

I have a question about Mudislander's instruction. Where is folder path for the home.xml file? Is it C:\Users\JohnDoe\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata AND did anybody get it to work?

I also tried copying the code the advancedsettings.xml and nothing changed.

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish. I have elderly parents who are not computer literature. I have many DVDs that are either mkv or avi. They just want to insert the disc and hit the Play Disc icon -- that is all. No other features are needed. So ultimately I want to hide the System icon to avoid confusion. I would be nice if XBMC treated user profile the way Windows OS does it; Administrator and Limited User because XBMC's Master Lock popup gets annoying.

In summary, I want to hide System tab and also Favorite icon (star looking shape)

Thank you so much for your help.

Windows 7 64-bit
ThinkPad t420
The file path (assuming you are working with the default skin Confluence) is:

Code:
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p/Home.xml

The required section is near the bottom of the file

Yes it works Smile

You can disable the Favourites and Power Icons in the same way, a little further down in the file, you will need to add in two places each to disable and hide the icons Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide System Tab0