[Patch] Play the next video automatically
At the suggestion of bossanova808, I'm starting a thread for this patch to maybe get it some more attention. I'm not too fussed either way, but I imagine the people in the feature request thread would prefer action, over letting it languish.

Anyway, the patch is pretty basic, it adds a "Play the next video automatically" option to the video playback settings:
(Placed there to match the one in the music playback settings.)

When set, selecting a video will trigger the existing "Play from here" behavior causing all videos in the list to be playlisted and the item selected to play.

This could also have been achieved by simply adding "Play from here" to the possible default select actions, but I felt it better to have it as an independent setting as this way the option to resume on the first item can occur (or happen automatically if "Resume" is the default select action). The context menu option ignores any resume point, and always starts from the beginning.

The other (minor) part of the patch is the removing of the "Play from here" context menu when this setting is on. One thought I did have, but didn't do, was instead of removing it, replacing it with its opposite, a "Play only this" option if you will, that way whichever way the user chooses to have the setting, they would still have access to the alternative. I didn't do it the end because there were two ways to do it, the simple way - mimic "Play from here" and ignore any resume point, or a messy way which would allow for resuming for either option. The messy way was better, but, well, messier... Opinions would be welcome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Patch] Play the next video automatically0