• 4(current)
Release TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper
Very nice thanks for the lightning fast fix ;-)

I added yoav to theaudiodb.com, but i need to read up on getting new albums into it, as it seems musicbrainz is missing his latest album.
BTW, olympia, what's the reason to use FanartTV for album thumbs instead of TheAudioDB?

<RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;chain function=&quot;GetTADBAlbumThumbsByMBID&quot;&gt;\1&lt;/chain&gt;" dest="5+">
<expression fixchars="1" noclean="1">strMusicBrainzAlbumID&quot;:&quot;([^&quot;]*)&quot;</expression>
</RegExp>

seems to work fine (and gives better results for me).
(2013-04-07, 05:59)Pulfer Wrote: BTW, olympia, what's the reason to use FanartTV for album thumbs instead of TheAudioDB? There is strAlbumThumb field in TheAudioDB json data for albums.

Because fanart.tv offers the same or more artwork and has been online longer.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-04-07, 06:13)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 05:59)Pulfer Wrote: BTW, olympia, what's the reason to use FanartTV for album thumbs instead of TheAudioDB? There is strAlbumThumb field in TheAudioDB json data for albums.

Because fanart.tv offers the same or more artwork and has been online longer.

It's not always so. For example, fanart.tv offers only one album cover for sludge metal band Crowbar while TheAudioDB offers nine (= for all albums).
I will add this. At the time the scraper was released TheAudioDB was much less complete.
However, the main purpose for music videos to have screenshot from the musicvideo instead of the album thumb.
I was wondering, if there is a way to search for artists who have a hyphen in their name like Jay-Z or Ne-Yo?
(2013-04-07, 20:44)Ryuuji Wrote: I was wondering, if there is a way to search for artists who have a hyphen in their name like Jay-Z or Ne-Yo?

I guess it's already fixed in upstream. But you can patch and rebuild 12.1 with this patch to solve issues with hyphen if you don't want to wait until next XBMC version is released:

Code:
diff -urN xbmc-12.1/xbmc/addons/Scraper.cpp xbmc-12.1-patched/xbmc/addons/Scraper.cpp
--- xbmc-12.1/xbmc/addons/Scraper.cpp    2013-03-21 03:14:42.000000000 +1100
+++ xbmc-12.1-patched/xbmc/addons/Scraper.cpp    2013-04-07 01:52:55.129051806 +1100
@@ -491,7 +491,7 @@
   CUtil::CleanString(sMovie, sTitle, sTitleYear, sYear, true/*fRemoveExt*/, fFirst);

if (!fFirst || Content() == CONTENT_MUSICVIDEOS)
-    sTitle.Replace("-"," ");
+    sTitle.Replace(" - ","   ");

CLog::Log(LOGDEBUG, "%s: Searching for '%s' using %s scraper "
     "(path: '%s', content: '%s', version: '%s')", __FUNCTION__, sTitle.c_str(),
(2013-04-07, 20:44)Ryuuji Wrote: I was wondering, if there is a way to search for artists who have a hyphen in their name like Jay-Z or Ne-Yo?

or else, you can use an .nfo file whereas the filename equals to the musicvid filename with the theaudiodb.com link to the specific track, e.g:
http://www.theaudiodb.com/track/33008241
Does this scraper support TheAudioDB's "Alternate Name" field? I've added an Alternate Name in TheAudioDB's database for an artist I'm attempting to scrape for, and the scraper's still not picking up the file that uses the alternate name.
Probably not. @olympia What API method does it use?

I can add it if needed.
searchtrack
Adding such functionality would be of great help. Any artists that have "The" in the title are often shortened by people to not contain the "The" .... likewise, some bands are known predominantly by their acronym, despite having a full name.
The issue with dashes in the artist or song name should now be fixed.

It's in the nightly builds and has been backported to v12.2 (it's in the latest pre-v12.2 build for those who want to test).
I haven't tried one of the nightly builds just yet as I wanted to see how this managed with my collection.

I have over 1000 music videos but have created a test library of 30 files only. I have NFO files for each file already but these are simple files with only the artist and track (no year etc) in them because I used a script to create them due to the lack of scrapers at the time.

This scraper doesn't allow selection to use the Internet as a source if a NFO exists which? I removed all nfo files for my next test.

Out of 30 artists I only had 24 results in XBMC and it was not clear what it missed. I tracked down 1 file in the test was the following:

\Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife.avi

The artsis and song both appear on audiodb as far as I can see and I even created an account and added a youtube link thinking that may have been the issue. Is there any possible way to have a prompt (enable or disable the option) when an artist cannot be found or a song cannot be found to try it a different way? I can see that if you had 1000 and only 910 import it would be difficult to resolve.

@zag, I believe I use to see you round Meedio a lot back in the day (I kicked around under "jestermgee" there for several years until I gave in to XBMC). I saw that you decided to move on to greater things. Love the work on TADB and hope to figure out what needs to be added there.
Hello mate, yes I remember you Smile Good to see you here, its XBMC and TheAudioDB all the way from now on!

In terms of the lookup the file is "I Love the Nightlife (Disco Round)"

http://www.theaudiodb.com/track/33309230

So either rename your music video or find a release on musicbrainz to import to theaudiodb.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper4