[Release] TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
Pernod Online
At the moment this addon returns either a video screenshot or album cover. Could it be updated to return either video screenshot or track cover or album cover, in that order?

For many of the music videos I have in my collection I've already added single covers to the appropriate tracks so would be good to get these rather than all videos from a single album retruning the same album cover.
find quote
redhalo Offline
Where would a track get a cover from? Are you talking about a cover from a single?
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-14 22:09 by redhalo.)
find quote
Pernod Online
(2014-02-14 22:08)redhalo Wrote:  Where would a track get a cover from? Are you talking about a cover from a single?

Yes, see this track.
find quote
NotGrounded Offline
Is there any way to handle artists that have a slash in their name such as "AC/DC"? Given you can't make a file name with a slash in it that makes the current situation impossible to scan that content into the music video library.

One possible solution is if the scraper can read ID3 artist/title tags and use those as a priority over filename encoding method if found. This would work for MP4 files, which seems to be the most common format for music video files anyway.

This solution could also solve the problem of other special problematic characters '\*?-' etc. in artist names and titles that has been reported by others.
find quote
Koozwad Offline
'Could not download information
Unable to connect to remote server
Would you like to continue scanning?'

This is the error I'm getting. Tried renaming files properly with no luck. Any ideas? Only started happening the last few days and not sure if it's a problem on my end as movies for example scrape just fine.
find quote
Pernod Online
TheAudioDB site is currently down, don't know why. When the site is back up I'm sure the scraper will work again.
find quote
Koozwad Offline
(2014-08-10 20:05)Pernod Wrote:  TheAudioDB site is currently down, don't know why. When the site is back up I'm sure the scraper will work again.

I see! Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully it'll be back soon...
find quote
woodside Offline
(2014-08-10 21:37)Koozwad Wrote:  
(2014-08-10 20:05)Pernod Wrote:  TheAudioDB site is currently down, don't know why. When the site is back up I'm sure the scraper will work again.

I see! Thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully it'll be back soon...

It's been down for a couple of days now.
find quote
zag Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Sorry about that, I was on holiday.

Site is back up Big Grin

HTPC - XBMC Gotham, OpenELEC, Harmony Smart Remote, Intel Haswell NUC, 40gb intel SSD, Core i3, 4gb RAM
Storage - 2 x qnap 8tb 419p+ NAS
Display LG 46" LCD + Casio Bulbless projector [PICS]
[Image: widget]
find quote
Koozwad Offline
(2014-08-13 09:07)zag Wrote:  Sorry about that, I was on holiday.

Site is back up Big Grin

Works 100%. Thx for that!
find quote