• 3(current)
Android Hardware
Any info on when this new Pivos box will be released? Seems like that's the one I'll be buying Smile I'd prefer the new Vizio Google TV box for $99 but if this won't run on GoogleTV cause of no NDK then this is the next bet thing. Thanks guys for the hard work!!
(2012-07-21, 22:59)Chambers Wrote: Any info on when this new Pivos box will be released? Seems like that's the one I'll be buying Smile I'd prefer the new Vizio Google TV box for $99 but if this won't run on GoogleTV cause of no NDK then this is the next bet thing. Thanks guys for the hard work!!

It's already available.....got mine from Newegg in 1 day
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6815645003

How is it's performance? Does it run smoothly? Wanting to ditch my ATV2 for something that performs better, hoping this performs much better
I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Blush
I picked it up because I got frustrated trying to get wireless to work properly on both CrystalBuntu and OpenElec on my ATV1's. It 's not going to be my primary, so I'm not in a hurry to set it up just yet.
For the european customers if you ask pivos very nicely they might allow a direct purchase they did it in my case no idea if thats common or if it was an exception.

Actually the customer support from them is really good Smile
(2012-07-22, 01:37)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 22:59)Chambers Wrote: Any info on when this new Pivos box will be released? Seems like that's the one I'll be buying Smile I'd prefer the new Vizio Google TV box for $99 but if this won't run on GoogleTV cause of no NDK then this is the next bet thing. Thanks guys for the hard work!!

I think he is referring to the yet to be announced/released Pivos xios XS which is rumored to run xbmc directly rather than on top of Android. However that is unsubstantiated rumor at this point, and I've bought the xios DS and can't wait till I'm back from vacation to play with it.

(2012-07-22, 07:07)lyme Wrote:
(2012-07-22, 01:37)Aenima99x Wrote:

I think he is referring to the yet to be announced/released Pivos xios XS which is rumored to run xbmc directly rather than on top of Android. However that is unsubstantiated rumor at this point, and I've bought the xios DS and can't wait till I'm back from vacation to play with it.

The Pivos XS was just a development name for the DS before it was released. It was identical save for a battery and wifi module. The SoC was the same. It might be recycled into something, but there is nothing in the pipe right now with that name on it. The unit that was showing off XBMC on ARM was just a black DS. Its sitting on my desk now.

Looks very cool. I'm sure there are many out there with slick looking TV setups for whom the DS, in its current white styling, looks way too garish. If you released a black model I would buy 3 immediately.
I agree the white doesn't look very good. Black looks good, you can get the Sumvision in black.
Great news, looks like i'll be picking one up soon!
Looking for some help with the xios Ds. Got it yesterday, immediately upgraded to ics. The pink light with the exclamation is constantly lit. Xbmc runs super slow. Tried the hwa version and I couldn't even play an SD avi file. So I decided to go back to GB. Pink light is gone but now the red light for the power is constantly lit and xbmc is still super slow, even navigating the menus is a chore. I can't really seem to find any info to help my problem. I'm not sure if its hardware or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any help
Has anyone tried to run XBMC for Android on a "Nvidia Tegra 2 T20" ? I have that particular SoC in my Acer A100 and I cannot seem to get it to run. The screen rotates to horizontal and then back to vertical. The debugger shows it just crashing with no useful information.
"Nvidia Tegra 2 T20", aks tg2 does not have a neon co-processor which is required at the moment.
(2012-07-23, 16:56)thebaum Wrote: Looking for some help with the xios Ds. Got it yesterday, immediately upgraded to ics. The pink light with the exclamation is constantly lit. Xbmc runs super slow. Tried the hwa version and I couldn't even play an SD avi file. So I decided to go back to GB. Pink light is gone but now the red light for the power is constantly lit and xbmc is still super slow, even navigating the menus is a chore. I can't really seem to find any info to help my problem. I'm not sure if its hardware or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any help

I´d suggest asking in the pivos xios ds forums http://www.pivosforums.com/

(2012-07-23, 23:16)davilla Wrote: "Nvidia Tegra 2 T20", aks tg2 does not have a neon co-processor which is required at the moment.

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that was the case, but I was having a hard time determining if the tg2 was actually missing the NEON FPU. Do you know offhand which FPU the tg2 includes? I haven't seen anything indicating which floating point co-processor is on the platform.

I would like to tweak the build to optimize for the FPU that is included on the tg2 if possible. I know it will likely run poorly, but it is worth a shot.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Hardware5