Ifilm browser problems
i know that there was a change in the site and so there was a fix for that... i have the newest version and everything displays fine menus that is after i click on a movie or whatever the loading screen comes up goes half way and locks up "extracting asf from asx playlist" is this just me and i need to delete something or is this happing to other people as well because between ifilms and launch these 2 scripts make the xbox the best f'ing thing ever ... and i am really greatful for all the hard work everyone has put into theses scripts and just the whole scene... if i can help in anyway i will just ask ...

thanks hope someone can help me
i have the same problem, i hope somebody can come up with a fix for this. i really wish i knew how to make these scripts or i'd do it myself. guess we'll have to wait and see if anybody is willing to fix it or has a solution to our problem.
this is a support question and belongs in the other forum.
hey buggs187, since nobody wanted to help, i said screw it and tried fixing it myself and now it works great.  i uploaded it and you can download it from here.  Wink

i set it to high-bandwidth, uncensored, and download before playing, so you may want to change those before you use it.  other than that, it should work great for you.  it also now uses the .mov files instead of the crappy .wmv files which were a part of the problem and won't even play on my pc.  only the .mov files all work, so i don't know why the person has to change the script to use .wmv files which have crappier quality anyway.  Huh

let me know if it worked for you, and i hope this helps some others that are having problems.  Smile
works great for a few times then get a "loading" screen that never times out...but a great advance towards satisfying my wife's addiction to "viral videos"
(gmackenz @ july 22 2005,19:04 Wrote:works great for a few times then get a "loading" screen that never times out...but a great advance towards satisfying my wife's addiction to "viral videos"
glad to hear it helped somebody. that's wierd you have that problem, it works great for me now that i fixed it and will very rarely lock-up. it is so infrequent though, that it doesn't bother me. Smile
its the "downloading" screen actually...i'm using the july 17th build of xbmc from cvs, what's yours?

i'll back off to earlier builds to see if that fixes my problem.

[update] none of the earlier versions to 6-28-2005 change this behavior. i can only watch one viral video and the second one i watch is always click-select and get the "downloading" screen with the non-functional cancel button.

even backing out of python scripts to main xbmc menu and going back into ifilmbrowser for second attempt results in "downloding" screen hang.
(gmackenz @ july 23 2005,13:21 Wrote:its the "downloading" screen actually...i'm using the july 17th build of xbmc from cvs, what's yours?

i'll back off to earlier builds to see if that fixes my problem.
i'm sorry, i cannot remember the date, it was about a few weeks ago i updated xbmc though. btw, it is the videos that return a "too many connections" message that screw it up for me. it doesn't really lock-up, i just can't get out of the menu that is displaying. i can press "enter" once, and the "too many connections" message will disappear, but the "downloading file" message box will stay up and i can't press "enter" to make it cancel. Huh
thanks for the help .. uplading files now onto xbox will getback with everyone how it works

"update" -- i also get the too many connections error and have the unablility to click ok on the 2nd box
any updates? also the cancel button fades in and out in color... i have the version downloaded suggested above in thread...
it has to be in this part of the code.. but don't know anything about writting code

def download_file(self,file_path,file_url):
if not emulating:
progress = xbmcgui.dialogprogress()
progress.create("ifilmbrowser", "downloading file...")

outputfile = open(file_path,"wb")
print 'downloading file'
print (file_url)

webpage = urllib.urlopen(file_url)
#data = filedata.read()
numbytes = 0
loop = 1
first = 1
if webpage.headers.has_key('content-length') == 0:
print 'too may connections...no length of file found'
if not emulating:
error1 = xbmcgui.dialog()
error1.ok("ifilmbrowser", "too many connections to the server.please try later.")
error1.close()
return 0

print('found content length')
filesize = webpage.headers['content-length']
print('file size id ' + str(filesize))
while loop:
data = webpage.read(50000)
if first == 1:
if find(data,'too many connections!') != -1:
if not emulating:
error2 = xbmcgui.dialog()
error2.ok("ifilmbrowser", "too many connections to the server. please try later.")
error2.close()
first = 0

if not data:
break
print 'read ' + str(len(data)) + ' bytes'

outputfile.write(data)
numbytes = numbytes + len(data)

perc = int ((numbytes*100) / int(filesize))
if not emulating:
progress.update(perc)

print ('percentage complete ' + str(perc))
print ('numbytes ' + str(numbytes))

#outputfile.write(data)
webpage.close()
outputfile.close
if not emulating:
progress.close()
return 1

w = ifilmbrowser()
w.domodal()
del w
just adding that i am having the same problem. i just downloaded the ifilm browser yesterday, and haven't been able to watch one thing yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ifilm browser problems0