Automatically Update Library?
Question 
Hi,
I've had a look around but can't find anything that fits what I'm looking for so I thought it would be worth asking. I have a Windows based server that holds all my media and runs SAB, SickBeard and CouchPotato. The server is always on and looking for new media. I have XBMC running on another Windows based computer that is only ever turned on when I want to watch things. Up to now I have XBMC scan for new content at start up but that takes a bit too long for liking, especially as it scans 3 drives one of which is full and so will not have anything new added to it.
I realise that SickBeard and CouchPotato can tell XBMC to update it's library but since the computer running XBMC is off most of the time when something new has been added this doesn't seem to be working. Is there something that I can run on the server that is a 'notice' that the server can update to say whether there is new content. XBMC checks this 'notice' at startup:
If it says there is new content then it will run the update library script and turn the 'notice' back to no new content
If it says there is no now content then XBMC won't run the library update script.

Is there anything out there that I've missed that does this or something very similar?
Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer with WHS2011 with 8.4TB
HTPC: Wesena ITX6B, ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe, picoPSU+Brick, BlackGold BGT3620, 64GB RealSSD C300, 4GB RAM
AV Setup: Denon AVR-1909, Denon DVD-1800BD, Panasonic TX-P50VT30B, Mordant-Short Alumni 7.1 Speakers
I don't think so. You're best bet would be to install XBMC on the server as well and then (if you haven't already) move to using mySQL for the backend database so that the server and your main HTPC can share the same library. It's not optimal, but it's the only way I can think of off-hand to do what you want.
I'm sure there was an addon I saw whvh claims to update the library when a new item is added in any of the sources.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Have you checked these projects?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128896
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119520
Activate and taalas are right - use the ibrary Watchdog. Works perfect.
Thanks for the suggestions, I've gone for Library Watchdog but since I am using samba shares I think I may have some tweaking to do. In the mean time can someone please explain the difference between setting the 'method' to syscall vs polling?
Server: HP ProLiant MicroServer with WHS2011 with 8.4TB
HTPC: Wesena ITX6B, ASUS E35M1-I Deluxe, picoPSU+Brick, BlackGold BGT3620, 64GB RealSSD C300, 4GB RAM
AV Setup: Denon AVR-1909, Denon DVD-1800BD, Panasonic TX-P50VT30B, Mordant-Short Alumni 7.1 Speakers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically Update Library?0