• 12(current)
XBMC for ANDROID
(2012-09-05, 23:12)HenryFord Wrote: Wow - seems crazy Smile Thanks for the heads up!

When you go to build you may want to look at some builds scripts I put together to help with building XBMC for Android. I have included links below. The first is a script to build the XBMC for Android dependencies and the 2nd builds XBMC and the apk. Each script takes some arguments which should be fairly self-explanitory if you read through the script.

One thing you'll need to do is add "--enable-player=amlplayer" to the build_deps.sh script's configure line to enable amlplayer for Pivos XIOS devices.

https://github.com/mcrosson/xbmc/blob/an...ld_deps.sh

https://github.com/mcrosson/xbmc/blob/an...ld_xbmc.sh
(2012-09-05, 23:20)kemonine96 Wrote: One thing you'll need to do is add "--enable-player=amlplayer" to the build_deps.sh script's configure line to enable amlplayer for Pivos XIOS devices.
Tried that already (have my own script in place which also posts automatically to my blog as soon as a new build is available, but thanks for your scripts Smile ) - but configure only states "configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-player"
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-09-06, 10:36)HenryFord Wrote:
(2012-09-05, 23:20)kemonine96 Wrote: One thing you'll need to do is add "--enable-player=amlplayer" to the build_deps.sh script's configure line to enable amlplayer for Pivos XIOS devices.
Tried that already (have my own script in place which also posts automatically to my blog as soon as a new build is available, but thanks for your scripts Smile ) - but configure only states "configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --enable-player"

if you are getting that, then you are not pulling from mainline.
(2012-09-06, 12:01)davilla Wrote: if you are getting that, then you are not pulling from mainline.
But I do... just did that yesterday to confirm I'm on mainline...
The "--enable-player" option is only present in the root of the source (xbmc-master-src/configure --help), but not in tools/android/depends/configure - probably mixing something up here...

Okay - I think I figured it out with the help of the Makefile in tools/android/depends/xbmc - thanks for holding hands on this one Wink

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-09-06, 12:14)HenryFord Wrote:
(2012-09-06, 12:01)davilla Wrote: if you are getting that, then you are not pulling from mainline.
But I do... just did that yesterday to confirm I'm on mainline...
The "--enable-player" option is only present in the root of the source (xbmc-master-src/configure --help), but not in tools/android/depends/configure - probably mixing something up here...

Okay - I think I figured it out with the help of the Makefile in tools/android/depends/xbmc - thanks for holding hands on this one Wink

What was the solution that you found?
I pulled the makefile for tools/android/depends/xbmc again and added the option "--enable-player=amlplayer" and set the env-variable "XBMC_IGNORE_STALE", the built went through this time

(2012-09-04, 12:44)HenryFord Wrote:
(2012-09-03, 19:46)spikey911 Wrote: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1813089

Not official but supported....
Nope, still unsupported:
Quote:These are unsupported changes, particularly the Tegra2 and any other device without NEON.
They might be possible, but they are not supported!

They are not officially supported (which I mentioned), but they are supported by the team creating the builds.

Support to me means something that has bug fixes and updates, which these builds do, and the team working on them respond to reported bugs.

Does xbmc for android support being an airplay target yet? When I had a nexus 7 the feature was missing.

I searched but cannot find any answer on this or if it ever will be supported on android xbmc.

Thanks!
(2012-09-17, 11:31)fluxcapacitor Wrote: Does xbmc for android support being an airplay target yet? When I had a nexus 7 the feature was missing.

I searched but cannot find any answer on this or if it ever will be supported on android xbmc.

Thanks!

Since the idea is a full port, it should eventually work (if it is still not working). All in good time.
I use Xperia S and tried xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2012-09-04-full-neon-1526edb0cd2e2d9e4928914a2b267ad18a0423db.apk
It seems that airplay doesn't work for me. iPhone can't find server even I configured in system menu to enable airplay server.
anyone know what's up with xbmcandroid.com? forums are down.
(2012-09-30, 23:28)wes paich Wrote: anyone know what's up with xbmcandroid.com? forums are down.

we don't care about that here
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
my bad
I am new to andriod. wanted to know if i can install XBMC on Diamond AMP1000, Any guidance is appreciated.
Review of it at Amazon.com, User says it runs very fast. So I'm thinking so...

(2012-10-05, 01:49)buttugly Wrote: I am new to andriod. wanted to know if i can install XBMC on Diamond AMP1000, Any guidance is appreciated.

• 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for ANDROID2