• 15(current)
XBMC for ANDROID
@OwLOwL, well at least this would be a workaround until the HW playback works.
It should just jump back to xbmc when finished playing ;-)
Well... Here is an example of someone setting diceplayer as the default external player:
http://www.xbmcandroid.com/forums/xbmc-a...aks/50.htm (You haveto register to read, but it is quick,... Wink
Quote:You haveto register to read, but it is quick,...

Looks like they finally disabled that.
Will test that one too. I have tried some other apk. It worked somehow but the movie lists stalled and the handling is not really what you expect of an android tablet.
Of course it is just like xbmc but on the tablet you want to scroll through the movies / lists by gestures not by pressing buttons ;-)
Lets see what the future will bring.
will XBMC work on this device?
http://en.egreatworld.com/en/product-detail-302.html
(2012-10-25, 02:33)axlemilio Wrote: will XBMC work on this device?
http://en.egreatworld.com/en/product-detail-302.html

Hi Axlemilio

If you take a look at previous post, you'll see that the most likely answer is "Nobody knows, buy it and test it, or stick to the recommended choice" :-)

But from I what see of the specs (A8 with 512 SDRAM), even if it's (in theory) a little bit faster than Pivos, the specs are far from interesting, so it doesn't worth the risk of deviating from the preferred choice. There're several quite more powerful devices out there that it would be worth to test and take a risk for (even some cuad-core A9)

If you're in a hurry, and don't mind to change the device in one year or two, stick to Pivos. If you can wait, wait for a couple of months once more powerful devices are tested. As an example, the Ouya Tegra 3 (with Cuad-Core and NVidia Graphics) that "will" be able to run XBMC would be a far better option, if you can wait until April

EDITED:

Sorry, just in case you don't know what Ouya is

http://www.ouya.tv/

and

http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2012/08/07/xb...a-oh-yeah/

Of course, don't take this as a contractual commitment that Ouya will indeed run XBMC (or when that would happen)

Kr

Max

thanks Max!
i have the i5 egreat now but will probably throw it away :-)
do you know the link where i can get the apk? to play with my junk?
(2012-10-25, 11:25)axlemilio Wrote: thanks Max!
i have the i5 egreat now but will probably throw it away :-)
do you know the link where i can get the apk? to play with my junk?

Android FAQ (wiki)

If it doesn't work out, you can always use it for emulators on the TV.
(2012-10-17, 18:30)OwLOwL Wrote: Compared the ffmpeg 10.2 original source with the diceplayer one.. and the changes where minor.... they are using libstagefright out of the box it seems! ... so... a glance at their included config.log might provide hints of what they do differently compared to the missing symbols builds we have?... maybe missing rpath-link to the stagefright libs?

The config line from diceplayer ffmpeg:
# ./configure --target-os=linux --prefix=./android/armv7-a --enable-cross-compile --extra-libs=-lgcc --arch=arm --cc=/home/inisoft/android-ndk/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-gcc --cross-prefix=/home/inisoft/android-ndk/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi- --nm=/home/inisoft/android-ndk/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/prebuilt/linux-x86/bin/arm-linux-androideabi-nm --sysroot=/home/inisoft/android-ndk/platforms/android-8/arch-arm/ --extra-cflags=' -O3 -fpic -DANDROID -DHAVE_SYS_UIO_H=1 -Dipv6mr_interface=ipv6mr_ifindex -fasm -Wno-psabi -fno-short-enums -fno-strict-aliasing -finline-limit=300 -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -marm -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 ' --disable-shared --enable-static --extra-ldflags='-Wl,-rpath-link=/home/inisoft/android-ndk/platforms/android-8/arch-arm//usr/lib -L/home/inisoft/android-ndk/platforms/android-8/arch-arm//usr/lib -nostdlib -lc -lm -ldl -llog' --enable-parsers --disable-encoders --enable-decoders --disable-muxers --enable-demuxers --enable-swscale --disable-ffplay --disable-ffprobe --disable-ffserver --disable-ffmpeg --enable-network --enable-indevs --disable-bsfs --disable-filters --enable-protocols --enable-asm --disable-avdevice --disable-avfilter --enable-neon

This is ours. Its basically what tools/build_libstagefright in the ffmpeg dir does with applying the configure flags we need for xbmc. The rpath is there and not the problem.

Code:
./configure --target-os=linux --arch=arm --cpu=armv7-a --cross-prefix=arm-linux-androideabi- --enable-runtime-cpudetect --disable-hardcoded-tables --custom-libname-with-major='$(SLIBPREF)$(FULLNAME)-$(LIBMAJOR)-arm$(SLIBSUF)' --enable-pic --disable-static --disable-ffserver --disable-ffmpeg --disable-crystalhd --enable-shared --disable-doc --enable-postproc --enable-gpl --enable-optimizations --enable-protocol=http --enable-pthreads --sysroot=/Volumes/dev/android-toolchain/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2//platforms/android-14/arch-arm --enable-avdevice --disable-decoder=h264 --disable-decoder=h264_vdpau --enable-decoder=libstagefright_h264 --enable-libstagefright-h264 --enable-neon --enable-cross-compile --disable-muxers --enable-muxer=spdif --enable-muxer=adts --disable-encoders --enable-encoder=ac3 --enable-encoder=aac --disable-libvorbis --disable-decoder=mpeg_xvmc --disable-devices --disable-ffprobe --disable-ffplay --prefix=../build/stagefright/armeabi-v7a --extra-cflags='-I../android-source/frameworks/base/include -I../android-source/system/core/include -I../android-source/frameworks/base/media/libstagefright -I../android-source/frameworks/base/include/media/stagefright/openmax -I/Volumes/dev/android-toolchain/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2//sources/cxx-stl/system/include -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9  -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon -Os' --extra-ldflags='-Wl,--fix-cortex-a8 -L../android-libs -L/Volumes/dev/android-toolchain/ndk-install//android-14/arm-linux-androideabi/lib/armv7-a -Wl,-rpath-link,../android-libs' --extra-cxxflags='-Wno-multichar -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti'
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hi,

I am having an issue with xbmc android version. None of my mp4 format tv shows are showing in the file or the tv show directory. Any non mp4 imports fine. I have xbmc eden for win 7 and it has no issue with mp4's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using the XBMC 100912 Beta version.

Cheers
Just seen that Frodo Beta 1 is now available, so can we expect official apk's for Android soon? or is the release cycle for the Android client going to be different from the other platforms?

Btw, was going to post a new thread but don't seem able to create one in the Android section, does this part of the forum have posting restrictionsHuh
(2012-11-15, 12:34)jjd-uk Wrote: can we expect official apk's for Android soon? or is the release cycle for the Android client going to be different from the other platforms?

Btw, was going to post a new thread but don't seem able to create one in the Android section, does this part of the forum have posting restrictionsHuh

Not sure about the forum posting issue. I'll poke Da-anda and see what's up. Android apks are indeed on the horizon. They were slated for beta 1, but not having NEON on a device caused major crashing. So we decided to postpone until (hopefully) beta2 to catch the crash and simply pop up an error message instead.

Edit: Ah, we've limited creating threads this section to moderators and admins for the moment. I imagine we'll likely lift that when we begin releasing apks.
Thanks for the reply.

So is the aim for the Android client to become official when Frodo Final is released so it's in sync with the other platforms? of course with the usual caveat that no show stoppers are found in the beta/RC cycle.
(2012-11-15, 12:54)jjd-uk Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

So is the aim for the Android client to become official when Frodo Final is released so it's in sync with the other platforms? of course with the usual caveat that no show stoppers are found in the beta/RC cycle.

If it will be really official remains the question since there is still some work to do. It will at least be released as beta
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks again, just wanted to clarify what the current stance is. So there's a possibility it might remain in beta similar to what was done with the iOS builds until the next official release of XBMC, so not official as a stable build until XBMC v13.

Really appreciate all the hard work that's gone into Frodo and IMHO what you've achieved since Eden is simply epic.

Btw has a codename for XBMC v13 G... whatever been decided yet?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for ANDROID2