• 17(current)
XBMC for ANDROID
I'm getting the same seek error on a number of different ISOs, SMB and local file.

Here's a log file: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1409431/
ISO playback is still very fragile. No crashes, but it quits playback on a bunch of the ones I have.
Tried the beta 2 on my Galaxy Note II, and it works quite nice and fast. Then again, the Note II is a beast in every aspect.

Unfortunately I can not find folders on my mSD card. XBMC only seems to find sources on the internal storage and the root and not the extension slot. Pity because my internal storage is only 16 GB and the external is 64 GB, where I store all my media.
So I would be happy if XBMC would add an external mSD as official source.

Thank you
Hello,

I'm a neewbie using XBMC but I feel very enthousiastic about it.
I just installed the Frodo beta 2 on my android Tablet (Acer A510 (tegra3) on android 4.0.3).
I works just fine except for 2 little issues I wish to share here :
1/ when I scroll in an important list of videos (50 videos that are not identified by the scrapper), the screen starts flickering and freezes. The home button is still active so I can go back home and kill the process.
2/ high quality videos are lagging (although they look fine using BSPlayer for instance)

I tried various settings in the settings sections (video and general settings) in order to try to spot the issue (like V-sync ?) but I could find suitable settings. I'll continue my testing (by the way, I'm willing to test some specific features if needed, let me know). Thank you for this great solution, I'm looking forward to trying further improvements.
Hello everyone it has been 2 days that i installed the beta 2 on a Hipstreet tablet model HS-7DTB5-4GB so far so good playback is good even in 720p ,plugged hdmi on my 55 inch very good,but it drains the battery quickly so go on AC now it is time to try movies on usb stick be back in 2 daysRofl
Frodo Beta 2 comfirmed working great with Yarvik TAB469EUK GoTab Yotta 9.7" Tablet

Quick specs:

DISPLAY
- In-Plane Switching (IPS) Technology
- Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels
- Screen colours: 24-bit, 16.7 million
- Size: 9.7” / 24.6 cm
- Aspect ratio: 4:3
- Type: Capacitive 5-points multi-touch screen

PROCESSOR
- Chipset: Boxchip Cortex A8
- Processor speed: 1.2 GHz

GRAPHICS
- GPU: ARM Mali
- Graphical Processing Speed: 400 MHz
- OpenGL 2.0 compatible

MEMORY
- 8 GB built-in storage capacity
- MicroSD expandable up to 32 GB
- 1 GB DDR3 RAM
(2012-12-04, 11:24)DingieM Wrote: Tried the beta 2 on my Galaxy Note II, and it works quite nice and fast. Then again, the Note II is a beast in every aspect.

Unfortunately I can not find folders on my mSD card. XBMC only seems to find sources on the internal storage and the root and not the extension slot. Pity because my internal storage is only 16 GB and the external is 64 GB, where I store all my media.

Thank you

You can get to it if you navigate from the root of the storage then to the location of your external sd card. It should be somewhere under /mnt or /storage on the Note II.
Frodo beta 2 does not find external usb hd cherry m-906 tablet.
(2012-12-04, 15:58)kemonine96 Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 11:24)DingieM Wrote: Tried the beta 2 on my Galaxy Note II, and it works quite nice and fast. Then again, the Note II is a beast in every aspect.

Thank you

You can get to it if you navigate from the root of the storage then to the location of your external sd card. It should be somewhere under /mnt or /storage on the Note II.

Thanks I found it under Root Devices and then mnt/extSDCard
(2012-12-04, 16:57)DingieM Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 15:58)kemonine96 Wrote:

Thank you

Thanks I found it under Root Devices and then mnt/extSDCard

Hi

I too have been unable to find the userdata folder on Nexus 7. I have been able to use a file browser app (Solid Explorer) to search for 'sources which it has found and it fins the file in:

/storage/sdcard0/Android........

But when I navigate to this location using ftp, Airdroid or even with Solid Explorer I am unable to see this. I have shown hidden files in Windos, and have also tried to go from /mnt/sd/card0.... but no joy.

Can anyone help?
(2012-12-05, 01:59)h4midh Wrote: I too have been unable to find the userdata folder on Nexus 7. I have been able to use a file browser app (Solid Explorer) to search for 'sources which it has found and it fins the file in:

/storage/sdcard0/Android........

But when I navigate to this location using ftp, Airdroid or even with Solid Explorer I am unable to see this. I have shown hidden files in Windos, and have also tried to go from /mnt/sd/card0.... but no joy.

Try /data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/...... It my have dropped it in the main data area of the app instead of the "external" sd card that the Nexus 7 has.
Hi,
get an error while compiling on Ubuntu 12.10.

My script:
Quote:cd $HOME/xbmc-android
git pull
cd $HOME/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends
./bootstrap
./configure --with-toolchain=/home/yannik/android_dep/toolchain/android-9 --with-ndk=/home/yannik/android_dep/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2 --with-sdk=/home/yannik/android_dep/android-sdk-linux --with-tarballs=/home/yannik/android_dep --with-cpu=armeabi-v7a
make -j20
cd $HOME/xbmc-android
make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc
cd $HOME/xbmc-android/tools/android/packaging
adb devices
adb connect android-db097c038151c3d5.fritz.box
adb install -r images/xbmcapp-debug*

My error:
Quote:make: Gehe in Verzeichnis '/home/yannik/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/xbmc'
make: Für das Ziel »all« ist nichts zu tun.
make: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/yannik/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/xbmc'

Translation:
Quote:make: go to directory '/home/yannik/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/xbmc'
make: For target »all« there's nothing to do.
make: leave directory '/home/yannik/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends/xbmc'

What do I have to change?

Thanks for your help,
Yannik
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
(2012-12-05, 17:52)yanniks Wrote: Hi,
get an error while compiling on Ubuntu 12.10.
Code:
cd $HOME/xbmc-android
cd $HOME/xbmc-android/tools/android/packaging
adb devices
adb connect android-db097c038151c3d5.fritz.box
adb install -r images/xbmcapp-debug*

The script needs to be updated:
Code:
make apk
adb devices
adb connect
adb install xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk

(2012-12-05, 18:09)kemonine96 Wrote: The script needs to be updated
A clean might be necessary before, I had this issue:
Code:
make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc clean
That should suffice to build the apk.

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

• 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for ANDROID2