• 18(current)
XBMC for ANDROID
I have successfully installed XBMC on my Google Nexus. I have my sources.xml and favourites.xml files as standard and this is the same for all XBMC installs, currently streaming a Netgear Stora.

I was unable to browse to the userdata folder even though Solid Explorer found them in a search and so as a workaround have had to download to the Nexus and then copy and paste.

This has worked perfectly with one or two crashes. I tried Jez's Touched theme and love it. XBMC doesn't rotate when the Nexus is flopped 180 degrees and I would love to be able to have the 'play to' feature but i'm sure it'll come.

Ok, fixed it now.
Because of some errors while compiling the .apk, i had to add "make apk -i", but now it's working.

My working script:
Code:
cd $HOME/xbmc-android
git pull
cd $HOME/xbmc-android/tools/android/depends
./bootstrap
./configure --with-toolchain=/home/yannik/android_dep/toolchain/android-14 --with-ndk=/home/yannik/android_dep/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2 --with-sdk=/home/yannik/android_dep/android-sdk-linux --with-tarballs=/home/yannik/android_dep --with-cpu=armeabi-v7a
make -j20
cd $HOME/xbmc-android
make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc clean
make -C tools/android/depends/xbmc
make apk -i
adb devices
adb connect android-db097c038151c3d5.fritz.box
adb install xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk

And thanks to @kemonine96 and @HenryFord ! Smile
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
(2012-12-07, 18:19)yanniks Wrote: Ok, fixed it now.
Because of some errors while compiling the .apk, i had to add "make apk -i", but now it's working.

My working script:
Code:
./configure --with-toolchain=/home/yannik/android_dep/toolchain/android-14 --with-ndk=/home/yannik/android_dep/android-ndk-r7-crystax-5.beta2 --with-sdk=/home/yannik/android_dep/android-sdk-linux --with-tarballs=/home/yannik/android_dep --with-cpu=armeabi-v7a

You will likely want to upgrade the CrystaX NDK to beta3. Beta 3 includes a fixup for 4.2 support and some other very minor changes.
Oh, good to know. Just asked me, why the app's not running on my HTC DHD with Android 4.2, thought it was fixed with XBMC 12 Beta 3 Big Grin
Kodi 15 on:
Kodibuntu with Ubuntu 14.04 (self compiled), Mac OS X El Capitan, iPhone 6, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Nexus 4.
Beta 2 is working lovely on my Ployer Momo 8 IPS (Android 4.1.1). Haven't had any access issues whatsoever. Its streaming videos, music and photo's from my server all absolutely fine. Only thing I haven't been able to figure "yet" is how to connect it to my MediaPortal TV server.
Confused a little here compiling, I am using the crystal ndk beta3 with no success. All files are in the folder but when I try to make -j10 it constantly fails with error Makefile 37. So I went to recheck the ./configure file and notice another error =

configure: error: "Missing libz development files"

They are in the folder used for the ndk but I cannot get passed this. Any advice?
I just tried Beta 3 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7", and XBMC crashed when trying to play any content.
Hi eveyone, been lurking a little while but now I need some help. I have ordered a OUYA console that not only a android gaming console but also supports XBMC for android. Since it will not be shipped until April 2013 I decided to start learning XBMC on my Asus TF700 android tablet. The firts addon I tried was Navi-x. I downloaded the Nav-x zip file for all platforms from the Navi-x WiKi. I then went to XBMC>programs selected addon source and browse. I had put the zip file on the root of my sdcard but XBMC does not see it. Do I need to open the zip file or change "zip" to something else?
I opened the zip file but nothing in it helped (cache, my downloads, playlist, resources, src).
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
You need to use the Install by zip instructions seen here: Add-ons (wiki)
(2012-12-10, 05:47)Ned Scott Wrote: You need to use the Install by zip instructions seen here: Add-ons (wiki)
Thank you Ned for taking the time to respond to my post. Wish there were "Thank You" buttons. ;-)

Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
(2012-12-10, 08:55)lartomar2002 Wrote: Thank you Ned for taking the time to respond to my post. Wish there were "Thank You" buttons. ;-)
You can add to the rep-points by clicking the little "+/-" icon below the post. This is kinda like a "Thank you" Smile

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

I have installed beta 2 om my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Almost everything runs fine. Startup, scrolling menu's, entering SMB share's, start and stop movies and good responsive. The only thing is when playing movie's it stutters. The wireless connection is fine because when playing the same file's with for example Rockplayer it play's smooth.

Any idea's?

Don
(2012-12-11, 00:03)don_care100 Wrote: Any idea's?
Hardware-Acc. is missing...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Yup, no hardware acceleration.
is there anyway to add swipe controls like the ones used by Dice Player?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for ANDROID2