• 19(current)
XBMC for ANDROID
(2012-12-11, 17:00)takukon Wrote: is there anyway to add swipe controls like the ones used by Dice Player?

Not for XBMC v12 (Frodo) (due to it being in a feature freeze), but it could be something added in the future, especially as more and more touch devices are being used with XBMC.
(2012-12-11, 03:05)HenryFord Wrote:
(2012-12-11, 00:03)don_care100 Wrote: Any idea's?
Hardware-Acc. is missing...

Ok, will this be in a nex release, cant't find a option in the setting just like my W7 setup? And also usable with my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 ?

Don
(2012-12-13, 00:08)don_care100 Wrote: Ok, will this be in a nex release, cant't find a option in the setting just like my W7 setup? And also usable with my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 ?

Don

Not likely. Getting hardware decoding to work is something that's going to take time, which is why XBMC for Android isn't on the Google Play store yet.
Ok, thanks for you're reply. I will wait Wink
(2012-12-13, 00:40)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-12-13, 00:08)don_care100 Wrote: Ok, will this be in a nex release, cant't find a option in the setting just like my W7 setup? And also usable with my Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 ?

Don

Not likely. Getting hardware decoding to work is something that's going to take time, which is why XBMC for Android isn't on the Google Play store yet.

I was thinking of getting a dual core android stick specifically to run xbmc and an NHL Gamecentre add-on. Does anyone know if the lack of hardware acceleration will cause me problems with streaming video?
Don't do it. It will cause hemroids.
(2013-01-17, 19:48)sav25 Wrote: I was thinking of getting a dual core android stick specifically to run xbmc and an NHL Gamecentre add-on. Does anyone know if the lack of hardware acceleration will cause me problems with streaming video?

Wouldn't recommend it as it will struggle with anything that is HD, plus the android sticks have somewhat flakey wifi if you plan on streaming.
A friend gave me an Equios stick, and as said, the WiFi completely blows on it. I wouldn't use one for streaming, only attached content, e.g. a USB HDD.
Hmm interesting. This is mainly for the NHL which I could watch through a flash browser. But I guess the same network and streaming issues would arise there. (although wouldn't be relying on XBMC so maybe better?)
If you want wifi, I hear there are some Android boxes out there that will support using a USB wifi dongle, which will then have a much better wifi radio inside of it. Even streaming using a native Android app like Netflix is painful on a lot of these devices. Android phones and tablets seem to be much better than the boxes and sticks, though.
Well...I wanted a gadget to play with anyway so I have bought a Minix NEO X5 RK3066 Android 4.0 Google TV Player. Ill try everything on it and report back
I installed XBMC 12.2 on HP Slate 7 but it is not working.... As soon as I click on the icon it starts and displays "Preparing for first run...." and then displays "Unfortunately, XBMC has stopped". I am not able to locate the log files because my new tablet is still not rooted.

As per the specifications, HP Slate 7 uses ARM A9 processor which also have NEON SIMD. I could be wrong.

Did anyone else tried to install XBMC on this tablet ? Any success stories ?
Do you have a keyboard code, which I can go to the Android home screen?
I need help to setup xbmc on my android. I have it on my android already but it is not loading. I have an android tablet that i bought from China.

(2013-06-18, 16:38)punnu17 Wrote: I installed XBMC 12.2 on HP Slate 7 but it is not working.... As soon as I click on the icon it starts and displays "Preparing for first run...." and then displays "Unfortunately, XBMC has stopped". I am not able to locate the log files because my new tablet is still not rooted.

As per the specifications, HP Slate 7 uses ARM A9 processor which also have NEON SIMD. I could be wrong.

Did anyone else tried to install XBMC on this tablet ? Any success stories ?

(2014-01-26, 18:24)fPApi Wrote: Do you have a keyboard code, which I can go to the Android home screen?

I have the same problen as you do with my android. It says the say message. Is anyone out there that can help.

I installed XBMC 12.2 on Chinese made Android that I bought directly from china but it is not working.... As soon as I click on the icon it starts and displays "Preparing for first run...." and then displays "Unfortunately, XBMC has stopped". I am not able to locate the log files because my new tablet is still not rooted.

can anyone help me?
Could you post the stacktrace?
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

• 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for ANDROID2