• 4(current)
XBMC for ANDROID
(2012-07-26, 21:32)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-07-26, 21:24)chunk1982 Wrote:
(2012-07-26, 20:55)Martijn Wrote: Maybe because it isn't finished yet and not all is worked out?
Also who knows where you got that apk since there isn't an official nightly build yet. Maybe it is already fix.

could you not put up a nightly build for us that want to see/test it?
ok so im no dev but im more then capable of testing and posting logs IF any bugs are found, and if you dont want any more logs/testers thats still cool as id like to see it and how it progresses

many thanks

paul

Once the time is ripe to release there will be one and it will be announced so every one knows.

lol thats just teasing
(2012-07-25, 19:51)Piers Wrote: I have tried one of the apk's floating around on my RK3066 Cortex-A9, 1GB, 32GB, 10.1" tablet. It's really impressive! I've added items to the library and connected to my TV using the HDMI. The only issue I found was a problem when playing XVID files (have tested them in other players) however since this is still in development it doesn't really matter Smile Great work and thank you.

Nice. Could you please post a quick video on YouTube?
Would love to buy a media player box with the rk3066 Smile
What's the status of hw decoding for rockchip?
(2012-07-26, 22:31)CK1one Wrote: What's the status of hw decoding for rockchip?

none.

@davilla,

Do you know what the VPU is on the Rockchip RK3066 SoC? I noticed that it has the Mali-400. So does support for this SoC follow the same problems that the A10 Allwinner camp is facing?

Now that the XIOS DS is basically the ATV2 killer for XBMC application, one of the tablet vendors should try the same. The Windows N101 (Yuandao) would be the perfect candidate.

Great work by you and the XBMC team to make all this happen.

Regards.
Mali-400 doesn't do VPU. If I understand correctly, eventually efforts will be underway for OpenMax support that should cover a great deal of VPUs in various Android devices. All in good time.
Hello guys!

I've just finished to compile the latest git version and i wanted to share with you two little things about compile it with jdk 1.7 instead of 1.6.

The first one is that the default signing algorithm has changed, so you should specify the parameters -sigalg MD5withRSA -digestalg SHA1 in the jarsigner command
The second is that the packager doesn't work with the classes built with this jdk. The error that came up is the following:

bad class file magic (cafebabe) or version (0033.0000)

we have to cross compile to an older version of jvm so we have to pass the source and target options to javac in order to get this working.

Thanks for your work!
I wonder if it is possible xbmc starts itself when my Android box is switched on, so I don't need to be kept asking to get into xbmc by the others, they can just switch on the box and match videos themselves without bothering me. They are just too lazy to dealing with the android interface !
(2012-07-28, 08:24)rere34lm Wrote: I wonder if it is possible xbmc starts itself when my Android box is switched on, so I don't need to be kept asking to get into xbmc by the others, they can just switch on the box and match videos themselves without bothering me. They are just too lazy to dealing with the android interface !

There are start-up managers for Android which can add apps to start-up so that might work or you could just leave it on, these boxes draw very little power.
Thanks Starstream, but I think xbmc suppose to be self contained. It should not relay on other app to bootstrap itself. just like how it boot up on any other platforms, only underneath system service is needed, isn't it?
XBMC is self contained... as an app. if you want XBMC to startup when the box boots, then use some android startup manager to do that.

XBMC does not own the box, android does. XBMC is an app, just like under desktop.
(2012-07-28, 13:54)davilla Wrote: XBMC is self contained... as an app. if you want XBMC to startup when the box boots, then use some android startup manager to do that.

XBMC does not own the box, android does. XBMC is an app, just like under desktop.

Technically true but you can set apps as launcher replacement so it will run at boot
(2012-07-28, 14:04)Jezz_X Wrote:
(2012-07-28, 13:54)davilla Wrote: XBMC is self contained... as an app. if you want XBMC to startup when the box boots, then use some android startup manager to do that.

Technically true but you can set apps as launcher replacement so it will run at boot

Thus my comment about using some android startup manager, silly Smile If you lock xbmc on android to be the only app that runs at startup up, then how do you change android settings such as display and network ? The correct answer is NOT to bring those into xbmc, it's not our job to be fiddling with Android OS settings like that. It only serves to add unnecessary complications to our code and it's already complicated enough.
Not quite what I meant I meant the app can identify itself as a dashboard app to android so on a device that has a Home button android will ask you if you want to use it as the default Home launcher or "Just once"
And as for how to change android settings well on android these days settings are just another app link so if you can run apps from xbmc you can change settings

But yes I agree best not to bring these things in
Thank you xbmc team, please give app an option to run as dashboard is a great idea. actually xbmc looks can launch any Android apps from its Programs menu. I don't even need to leave xbmc ui at all. excellent!
(2012-07-23, 09:59)Ferdi-T Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 17:30)statica Wrote: I have XBMC installed on my Acer Iconia A510 tablet and Samsung Galaxy S 2 mobile and for an early build it seems to be a very exciting project. Hardware acceleration is needed for 1080p but I have managed to run videos up to 720p without lagging and also been able to add programs such as TED, Revision3 etc. Also mapped my Synology NAS on my tablet in XBMC and streamed from the NAS using my wireless network.

So looks very promising so far Big Grin

Did you do anything extra to get it to stream from a NAS, besides adding it as a source? I'm wondering because so far everything I streamed from my NAS was quite laggy.

I got streaming of 720p without problems but 1080p was still a bit laggy due to lack of hardware acceleration. But can access all my files on my NAS and play them fluiently except for 1080p so far.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for ANDROID2