• 2(current)
XBMC for ANDROID
Is there a eta for alpha/beta?
(2012-07-16, 17:47)spiderbr Wrote: any possibility install this version in my Himedia hd600b?

Nope. Its powered by an RTL1185 chip. It doesn't run android, and its architecture is wrong.
Please release a beta APK on here, I know its not ready for Google Play (they should have named it Google Market idiots), but many people would love to test (who do not know how to compile it) and help out.
@MrLobster and @hobbit666 - please read official announcement or HenryFords post just a mouse scroll above your posts ;-)
I have XBMC installed on my Acer Iconia A510 tablet and Samsung Galaxy S 2 mobile and for an early build it seems to be a very exciting project. Hardware acceleration is needed for 1080p but I have managed to run videos up to 720p without lagging and also been able to add programs such as TED, Revision3 etc. Also mapped my Synology NAS on my tablet in XBMC and streamed from the NAS using my wireless network.

So looks very promising so far Big Grin
No it does not work on Sony Google TV box :-)
yeah the Sony google tv is a nice bit of kit but apparently xbmc for android only works on the arm processors
(2012-07-21, 17:30)statica Wrote: I have XBMC installed on my Acer Iconia A510 tablet and Samsung Galaxy S 2 mobile and for an early build it seems to be a very exciting project. Hardware acceleration is needed for 1080p but I have managed to run videos up to 720p without lagging and also been able to add programs such as TED, Revision3 etc. Also mapped my Synology NAS on my tablet in XBMC and streamed from the NAS using my wireless network.

So looks very promising so far Big Grin

Did you do anything extra to get it to stream from a NAS, besides adding it as a source? I'm wondering because so far everything I streamed from my NAS was quite laggy.
Yep i also tested on my google TV it does not work unfortunately ...

i get the following error:
'XBMC has stopped unexpectedly".

will test on a google tv running arm processor.
(2012-07-23, 11:10)nero12 Wrote: will test on a google tv running arm processor.
has nothing to do with the processor, GoogleTV is not supporting the ndk at the moment, that's why you'll be unable to run it for now.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Arh okay.

thanks for letting me know. saved my time.
I know it may seem a bit silly, but how about XBMC for Playbook and BB10. Its kinda simple to put it on BB Appworld. https://developer.blackberry.com/android/tools/
I tried this on my Mele A2000 with the new firmware (Android 4.04).
Unfortuately, I had some problems:
Input device, problems. There is a forum thread for this.
Also I was not able to navigate to my US drive.
It would navigate to my "Internal" storage, bit none of the attached devices.
The Google Music Player, saw my USB drive.
Is the new app compatible to Arm6 processors?
(2012-07-23, 22:24)ariesjer Wrote: Is the new app compatible to Arm6 processors?

Unfortunatly no due to lack of NEON (SIMD) in hardware.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for ANDROID2