• 13(current)
XBMC for ANDROID
(2012-10-05, 20:43)BULLIT Wrote: Review of it at Amazon.com, User says it runs very fast. So I'm thinking so...

(2012-10-05, 01:49)buttugly Wrote: I am new to andriod. wanted to know if i can install XBMC on Diamond AMP1000, Any guidance is appreciated.

Be warned: no hardware decoding outside of Pivos XIOS. It likely won't do well unless the content is sd and using the less cpu intense codecs and container. Pretty much nothing but the Pivos XIOS is going to do anything HD and will be hit or miss for SD right now.
(2012-10-05, 20:45)kemonine96 Wrote: Be warned: no hardware decoding outside of Pivos XIOS AMLogic 8726-M(x) chipset. It likely won't do well unless the content is sd and using the less cpu intense codecs and container. Pretty much nothing but the Pivos XIOS AMLogic 8726-M(x) chipset is going to do anything HD and will be hit or miss for SD right now.

Fixed you post.
Be warned that just having an AMLogic 8726-M(x) chipset does not guarantee working hardware decode, there are subtile differences between various ICE versions for such devices that can prevent hardware decode from working.
(2012-10-07, 10:56)j1nx Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 20:45)kemonine96 Wrote: Be warned: no hardware decoding outside of Pivos XIOS AMLogic 8726-M(x) chipset. It likely won't do well unless the content is sd and using the less cpu intense codecs and container. Pretty much nothing but the Pivos XIOS AMLogic 8726-M(x) chipset is going to do anything HD and will be hit or miss for SD right now.

Fixed you post.

I own several AMLogic 8726 M3 and M1 boxes from various manufacturers and I couldn't install Pivos Linux in any of them.
XBMC amlogic apk works just fine, so I wonder what could be the reason not working in linux?

Thanks for great work, btw.
i installed it on my asus infinity t700 works great only the mkv and mts file are not working. it plays very slow.
its not possible to swith to hadware decoding it's not in the list.

does enyone give me advise how to solve this problem?

greetings Meram
Anyone seen what this guy is trying to do?

http://www.xbmcandroid.com/forums/xbmc-a...ks/122.htm

Will this work to get native HWD?
(2012-10-12, 22:14)Meram Wrote: i installed it on my asus infinity t700 works great only the mkv and mts file are not working. it plays very slow.
its not possible to swith to hadware decoding it's not in the list.

does enyone give me advise how to solve this problem?

greetings Meram

Yep have to wait. no HWD yet for H264 and I think a couple other codecs.
Unless you're installing and running on a very specific set of hardware platforms, there's no hardware decoding period, not just a couple of codecs.
(2012-10-12, 23:19)reddragon72 Wrote: Anyone seen what this guy is trying to do?

I dislike forums that I can't even browse as guest. This is locked down tighter than my wallet Smile
(2012-10-13, 05:10)davilla Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 23:19)reddragon72 Wrote: Anyone seen what this guy is trying to do?

I dislike forums that I can't even browse as guest. This is locked down tighter than my wallet Smile

+ 1

And if it is like MY wallet. There is nothing there to see Big Grin
Quote:Hi,

Just wanted to pitch in.
I just installed the latest unofficial "nightly" builds and tested a bit.
I noticed that the player chosen was DVDPlayer and then codec was chosen in libavcodec in ffmpeg.
The codec chosen was ff-h264 (playback of a full HD 1080 file)... (using an msm8960 platform)
If the codec detection/choice could be slightly changed for android devices, we can get hardware acceleration of h264 via "h.264 libstagefright" that is already available for all devices supporting it using stagefright. (I have not tried yet, and don't think I will have time for it just now) ... Has this been tried by someone?

Then it would be just a task of expanding the support in libstagefright codecs extension to ffmpeg to map to other formats aswell...

just my two cents...

Regards // Robert

Yes, but I was under the impression that h.264 libstagefright actually just provided access to the decoder itself (pretty sure it does). Encoded buffer in, decoded buffer out. Then that decoded buffer is used with "dvdplayer" and the normal xbmc player controls on top..
If I get the time ill do a quick proof of concept..

I checked the libstagefright ffmpeg decoder, and it does just that: encoded frames in, decoded frames out... so, that "should" work out of the box... I did a quick try to get the environment up running to build, but the ndk acted up on me... And I have no more time for now.
I could not get the configure parameters to pass properly when trying to build the depends... It always complained about:
configure: error: Arm toolchain not found at specified path
even thou it does.... ;(

Might give it another shot later if noone else does it first..

--disable-decoder=h264 --disable-decoder=h264_vdpau --enable-libstagefright-h264 --enable-decoder=libstagefright_h264

Some extra include paths to stagefright headers and stagefright binaries to link against might be needed.

I heard that libstagefright avcodec implementation might be a bit buggy.. but should work on ics atleast. Might also work on jb.

END

That is all his posts divided. If it was bad to post ll this then sorry, but at this point if logins to web sites is going to be a barrier of possibly getting this done then I am taking a frign bulldozer to that barrier.

XBMC is bad arse on the big screen and really organizes the crap out of everything. So right now I just want to do everything I can to help get the last piece of the puzzle to fit!

So take a look at what posted and see if that helps at all.

Oh and he goes by Owl on that forum.

Thanks
That's ok... Wink I was just about to crosspost anyway...
(2012-10-13, 22:51)OwLOwL Wrote: That's ok... Wink I was just about to crosspost anyway...

Ok good, because I was about to redo my post as there were no responses yet.

I am just one of those people that try and manage resources of info so everyone is on the same page, especially on stuff like this.
3 devs of team xbmc have given that ffmpeg/stagefright approach a shot over the last 2-3 months (totally independend of each other). All of them (incl. me) have run into problems during runtime that it can't load the libavcodec.so because of missing/wrong symbols in libstagefright (OMXCodec::Create in my case). So as easy as this might sound - this won't work for us. But feel free to give it a shot - maybe you find the missing bit.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-10-16, 10:23)Memphiz Wrote: 3 devs of team xbmc have given that ffmpeg/stagefright approach a shot over the last 2-3 months (totally independend of each other). All of them (incl. me) have run into problems during runtime that it can't load the libavcodec.so because of missing/wrong symbols in libstagefright (OMXCodec::Create in my case). So as easy as this might sound - this won't work for us. But feel free to give it a shot - maybe you find the missing bit.

Ok.. I have not had time to look at it more yet...
Then there is the second approach... Most larger Android platforms (read; Qualcomm, TI and at least ST-Ericsson... Probably Samsung Exynos) have implemented OpenMAX IL compliant components for hw decoding video (They are most often just mapped over to stagefright, but, Ive heard that stagefright has some extra stuff for their IL codecs)...
The second approach is to actually leviate the OpenMAX IL standard.. We just want to use the standards compliant codec to use the hw decoder...
It is _very_ easy to use the OpenMAX IL components.. I think that a ffmpeg OpenMAX IL decoder could be implemented (if not already done by someone?) ... I have seen the core/omxplayer for tegra 2, and, with some adaptations, that might be usable for other platforms aswell (try to workaround the non-standard bits).

Other than the libstagefright approach or the OpenMAX IL approach we might be limited to using JB via the new MediaCodec interface (but skipping the JAVA parts, and go native directly!)... But then we lock out all the non-JB guys.

Any other ideas?

Regards // Robert
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for ANDROID2