• 8(current)
XIOS PIVOS vs ATV2
(2012-09-01, 19:18)tutu Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 14:19)davilla Wrote: @tutu, software.

Thanks. More importantly is it software we can change? Is the support lacking in drivers, kernel, xbmc? Why not add it as a resolution option? That does not help with automatic resolution changing and it would make the GUI sluggish but at least it would be something.

When I finally get a new laptop I will check out the source. Will pivos Linux build make it back into mainline?

I would not have said software if source was not present Smile You will need to adapt hdmi driver to handle 24 fps, once you do this and remove the clamps in XBMC source code, 24 fps should appear.
hello,
since atv2 are more an more expensive, i'm looking for a second product to run xbmc (i already have an atv2), so i want give a try to an Android tv box, but i have a question, i have read there is difference beteween the ISO database and Android database, so my question is : i use a mysql database on a pc to run Xbmc on my Atv2, can i make my futur Android box point to this mysql database on the pc, and have my atv2 and Android Database sync ??

thx for the good work and Xbmc 4 ever !!
best regards
Chris
Xbox - Xbmc4Xbox
Atv2 - XBMC V12
G-Box Midnight - XBMC V12
Raspbery Pi 512 - RaspBmc - Xbmc V12
Raspbery Pi 512 - Xbian - Xbmc V12
I love XBMC Since XBMP !! so it's a long long story....
Yes, but your ATV2 will have to use a development build (wiki) in order to sync with the Android build.
Ok thx for the infos ! i'll buy an android tv box and will give a try..
take care
Chris
Xbox - Xbmc4Xbox
Atv2 - XBMC V12
Just a think.. when i'll install the development build on atv 2 from my actual version (eden 11) my actual database will be automatic converted ? or i must start from scratch ?
Xbox - Xbmc4Xbox
Atv2 - XBMC V12
So can i get dolby digital and DTS to work on the pivo now?
Sorry if my English is not quite right, it 's not my native language
Got latest OSMC running on Vero 4K+
yes
Gr8
(2012-07-16, 02:02)asdfzxcv Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 01:27)davilla Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 00:54)asdfzxcv Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong. One big draw back to any of the Android based platform is the lack of multi-channel surround support, i.e. 5.1, 7.1. The port / platform currently down mixes DTS, Dolby digital to 2 channels stereo. That's a big NO right there... after all ... half of HD is multi-channel audio. I rather have 720p video than being stuck with stereo for movies.

Then you will be quite happy with what Pivos has planned Smile

The other issue with the xios DS / XS when compared to ATV is the lack of optical out interface on the device. This is a problem for someone like me who has a decent receiver but lacking HDMI input. So I ordered another stb with the exact same chipset but also has optical out.

Your TV may have optical out. digital audio comes is via HDMI and then is output via toslink.
(2012-09-30, 03:43)AllanMarcus Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 02:02)asdfzxcv Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 01:27)davilla Wrote: Then you will be quite happy with what Pivos has planned Smile

The other issue with the xios DS / XS when compared to ATV is the lack of optical out interface on the device. This is a problem for someone like me who has a decent receiver but lacking HDMI input. So I ordered another stb with the exact same chipset but also has optical out.

Your TV may have optical out. digital audio comes is via HDMI and then is output via toslink.
More than likely it will not pass DTS.
Almost all TV's will only pass stereo.
Mine passes AC3 just fine.
Same here, I my TV passes AC3 without any issues, even DTS. It are the HD audio formats it cannot handle well.
atv2 can only do ac3/dts so other formats are a non-concern with respect to this thread.
Got a xios which runs xbmc pretty good with the Linux build. However, when put it side by side with ATV2, xios apparently has very weak wifi connection, even with the internal antennae at the front spot. I have the wireless router in the basement, and the xios and ATV2 on the main floor. ATV2 streams all videos from the addons smoothly while xios is not able to load a lot of them, and even crashes to reboot from the xios splash screen. Moved the box closer to the router or used wire connection seems to solve the problem. So, I would say ATV2 still wins in respect of streaming wirelessly.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XIOS PIVOS vs ATV20