• 2(current)
XIOS PIVOS vs ATV2
(2012-07-15, 22:41)AgentX Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 22:28)davilla Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 17:43)AgentX Wrote: What is the max bitrate it can handle till it becomes a stutterfest? Smile

Full blown decypted bluray is the target. Anything else is out of spec encoding and hardware decoders don't like out of spec encoding. So if you want this to handle 'killa' or 10bit, look to desktop with lots of ponies.

Fair enough. How much will the 512 hold it back compared to 1024? (since many non brand pop up offering similar configs)

512 vs 1024 MBs of ram do not matter to video playback.
Im in love! ❤

Edit: Not in Davilla
Davilla, can you tell me if hardware acceleration is enabled on the XIOS if compiled from the current available source? I just built from source for my ICS based cell phone but obviously doesn't support hardware acceleration currently. I'd like to go out tomorrow and pickup an XIOS but am wondering if it would be usable?

You guys(xbmc dev team) have done an excellent job once again and I credit you all on your talents and abilities to support so many host types.

Cheers!
(2012-07-16, 00:47)manxam Wrote: Davilla, can you tell me if hardware acceleration is enabled on the XIOS if compiled from the current available source? I just built from source for my ICS based cell phone but obviously doesn't support hardware acceleration currently. I'd like to go out tomorrow and pickup an XIOS but am wondering if it would be usable?

You guys(xbmc dev team) have done an excellent job once again and I credit you all on your talents and abilities to support so many host types.

Cheers!

video decode hardware acceleration is not in xbmc android mainline yet nor is there an apk out. Patience, there are some details that are being ironed out, we want this in proper and not jammed/hacked in as it can/will/might serve as a model for other internal players.
Correct me if I am wrong. One big draw back to any of the Android based platform is the lack of multi-channel surround support, i.e. 5.1, 7.1. The port / platform currently down mixes DTS, Dolby digital to 2 channels stereo. That's a big NO right there... after all ... half of HD is multi-channel audio. I rather have 720p video than being stuck with stereo for movies.
(2012-07-16, 00:54)asdfzxcv Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong. One big draw back to any of the Android based platform is the lack of multi-channel surround support, i.e. 5.1, 7.1. The port / platform currently down mixes DTS, Dolby digital to 2 channels stereo. That's a big NO right there... after all ... half of HD is multi-channel audio. I rather have 720p video than being stuck with stereo for movies.

Then you will be quite happy with what Pivos has planned Smile
what about deinterlacing? can the pivos deinterlace both SD (MPEG-2) and HD (h.264) interlaced content properly? this would make the device perfect for me. Smile
(2012-07-16, 01:27)davilla Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 00:54)asdfzxcv Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong. One big draw back to any of the Android based platform is the lack of multi-channel surround support, i.e. 5.1, 7.1. The port / platform currently down mixes DTS, Dolby digital to 2 channels stereo. That's a big NO right there... after all ... half of HD is multi-channel audio. I rather have 720p video than being stuck with stereo for movies.

Then you will be quite happy with what Pivos has planned Smile

The other issue with the xios DS / XS when compared to ATV is the lack of optical out interface on the device. This is a problem for someone like me who has a decent receiver but lacking HDMI input. So I ordered another stb with the exact same chipset but also has optical out.
There was no room for an optical out interface in the XIOS form-factor. Sorry, but we had to make some hard choices regarding what interfaces to include.
(2012-07-15, 23:00)dieselboy27 Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 22:54)davilla Wrote: yes

I hope this was a reply to the AirPlay question. That'd be the only thing left that it needs to do in order to replace the atv.

Davilla

Pls confirm airplay, if possible or if its on the roadmap.

Thanks
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
airplay is a non issue.
any informations bout deinterlacer?
@asdfzxcv - possibly something like: http://www.monoprice.com/products/produc...1&format=2 would work for you...not optimal but is a possible workaround if it outputs both optical audio and HDMI simultaneous like it says.

regarding 512 vs. 1024...I am guessing the only real advantage of the higher ram amount would be the ability to use a higher cachemembuffersize in advanced settings if needed (unless they allow the buffer to be disk based in the future, in which case the higher ram amount would be moot for anything XBMC related)

As with anything in life there are tradeoff's...and getting a hardware accelerated android port is defiantly worth these minor tradeoffs...

Awesome job Dev's...
(2012-07-15, 19:22)jakeo Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 18:27)cf125 Wrote: also, cant find a uk seller?? or how much it would be in the uk? any ideas

I've been looking for a UK seller as well ,the sum vision cyclone slim plus looks suspiciously similar, 800mhz Arm A9 with Mali gpu, doesn't say what the SoC is though so can't be sure.

We are working on a UK based reseller. I do not have a timeline, but those who wish to sell our products may contact our business division at [email protected] .
Is there any reseller in europe?

Seems that the Sumvision Cyclone Nano Slim Plus Media Player linked to does not have the remote that pivos does. It comes with an Airmouse?

Regards
Jacob
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XIOS PIVOS vs ATV20