• 4(current)
XIOS PIVOS vs ATV2
Davilla..
Generally on windows, I've been using xbmc primarily for addons. Especially the 3rd party repositories like AJ or ICEfilms. In the teaser video, I didn't see any menu options of addons under videos. (looks like video has been renamed to movies).
Does XBMC running on Xios DS support 3rd party repo addons. And since most of these video streams are SD and some are 720P HD, would that work smoothly as it works on other platforms?

Thanks
@vikdmon, Look closer at the video, Cory played something via an addon Smile

XBMC on Android should works the same as all other platforms, that's the whole point. As for as "work smoothly as it works on other platforms", that depends as some don't seem to work all that smooth on desktop in the 1st place.

Once hw decode is in place, then users can test and respond. YouTube works fine, that's my test case. I don't care much about anything else so I don't test them unless there's a problem and I don't have to do flips and twists to enable said addon.
(2012-07-18, 17:22)davilla Wrote: @vikdmon, Look closer at the video, Cory played something via an addon Smile

XBMC on Android should works the same as all other platforms, that's the whole point. As for as "work smoothly as it works on other platforms", that depends as some don't seem to work all that smooth on desktop in the 1st place.

Once hw decode is in place, then users can test and respond. YouTube works fine, that's my test case. I don't care much about anything else so I don't test them unless there's a problem and I don't have to do flips and twists to enable said addon.

Ok. Good enough for me.. Thanks
From what I've read it seems that the XIOS will not have 5.1 DTS due to android kernel. Can I assume that we will not see 5.1 audio for quite a while?
(2012-07-18, 17:55)dieselboy27 Wrote: From what I've read it seems that the XIOS will not have 5.1 DTS due to android kernel. Can I assume that we will not see 5.1 audio for quite a while?

Wrong assumption. AC3 passthough works, DTS does too but it's held up in licensing right now.
[/quote]

Wrong assumption. AC3 passthough works, DTS does too but it's held up in licensing right now.
[/quote]

Do you mean that AC3 passthrough works for XBMC on the current build for the XIOS? Or do you mean that the XIOS supports passthrough on Android? If so does that apply to GB or ICS?

BTW can't wait to have XBMC on a cheap streaming player.. you guys are doing a wonderful job!
Looking for some help with the xios Ds. Got it yesterday, immediately upgraded to ics. The pink light with the exclamation is constantly lit. Xbmc runs super slow. Tried the hwa version and I couldn't even play an SD avi file. So I decided to go back to GB. Pink light is gone but now the red light for the power is constantly lit and xbmc is still super slow, even navigating the menus is a chore. I can't really seem to find any info to help my problem. I'm not sure if its hardware or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any help
(2012-07-23, 16:58)thebaum Wrote: Looking for some help with the xios Ds. Got it yesterday, immediately upgraded to ics. The pink light with the exclamation is constantly lit. Xbmc runs super slow. Tried the hwa version and I couldn't even play an SD avi file. So I decided to go back to GB. Pink light is gone but now the red light for the power is constantly lit and xbmc is still super slow, even navigating the menus is a chore. I can't really seem to find any info to help my problem. I'm not sure if its hardware or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any help

You don't mention if ICS or GB is slow as well? If not then just try the newer version of (pre beta - no support remember) XBMC - http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=811

Otherwise perhaps try the pivos forums http://www.pivosforums.com/viewforum.php?f=11 - they are a nice and helpful bunch.

Or contact the seller if you have a dud.
(2012-07-23, 17:34)sipart Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 16:58)thebaum Wrote: Looking for some help with the xios Ds. Got it yesterday, immediately upgraded to ics. The pink light with the exclamation is constantly lit. Xbmc runs super slow. Tried the hwa version and I couldn't even play an SD avi file. So I decided to go back to GB. Pink light is gone but now the red light for the power is constantly lit and xbmc is still super slow, even navigating the menus is a chore. I can't really seem to find any info to help my problem. I'm not sure if its hardware or if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks for any help

You don't mention if ICS or GB is slow as well? If not then just try the newer version of (pre beta - no support remember) XBMC - http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=811

Otherwise perhaps try the pivos forums http://www.pivosforums.com/viewforum.php?f=11 - they are a nice and helpful bunch.

Or contact the seller if you have a dud.

thanks. ICS and GB are not as slow as xbmc but neither run as smooth as I would have thought. But they are fine. It is really xbmc. I have tried both the newer version and the original version and have the same problem with both.
Thanks for your help. I will also try the pivos forums.
This new version works better but I still get lagging on 1080p video streaming from the network. I can't wait for the official beta's! What is the timeline for getting ac3 and dd passthrough working? I need to have this last piece before I can replace my htpc with the pivos xios.
(2012-07-26, 05:28)xnaron Wrote: This new version works better but I still get lagging on 1080p video streaming from the network. I can't wait for the official beta's! What is the timeline for getting ac3 and dd passthrough working? I need to have this last piece before I can replace my htpc with the pivos xios.

No timeline, the XBMC devs work in their own time and release things when they are done and ready. Patience is needed and a quick visit here (as in xbmc.org) to check progress is all you need to do :-)

The first stable release of XBMC (for the original XBOX) was in June 2004 - so you can see it takes a lot of time and volunteer effort to get to where they are today...... ;-)

Getting ac3 and dts passthrough working is high on the list but there are several things in front of it, most notable being dts licensing. I'm sure that most will agree that have proper licenses for audio/video decode is very important regardless of what you believe about patents. The reality is no license, no decode for a commercial product.
(2012-07-26, 13:37)davilla Wrote: Getting ac3 and dts passthrough working is high on the list but there are several things in front of it, most notable being dts licensing. I'm sure that most will agree that have proper licenses for audio/video decode is very important regardless of what you believe about patents. The reality is no license, no decode for a commercial product.

Why do you need to licence it if you are just passing it through? I probably don't understand how it works but to me I thought it just passed the ac3/dd through untouched and not decoded. If you aren't decoding it I don't see why a licence would be required. Maybe you need a licence to just pass it through?
I've explained what we need to open up passthough, I'm not going to go into the gory details Smile This is real world here which plays by a different set of rules than simple logic.
(2012-07-17, 03:41)ykhehra1 Wrote: For XIOS DS, on what plateform should I install xbmc, GB or ICS? And is there any other setting should I need to do on Android to make xbmc better performance?
I tried it on both GB and ICS but very choppy. OR may be xios xs hardware is not strong enough, as even steams are not watchable on best available video player of android like mx player etc.

I learnt yesterday that ICS for the XIOS has a bug that prevents you from switching to 1080i/p. So the highest resolution is 720p with ICS. On GB it works fine. Accordint to the thread on the pivos forums the devs are working on that. Has nothing to do with XBMC...

I got my xios yesterday and played around a bit with the alpha xbmc version with hw decoding also from the pivos forums. I also have an ATV2 hooked up with XBMC and have to say that the ATV2 runs much smoother and with less issues than the xios. The XBMC GUI on the atv2 seems to run smoother and also the video/audio playback. I assume this is because XBMC for android is not optimized yet and still in an early stage of development. So I will keep the xios in the box until it runs better.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XIOS PIVOS vs ATV20