apple tv2 5.02. can see folders but not files inside them.
Hello i have installed with seasonpass. appletv 2

I can see folders on my nas but i cant see the movies inside the folders. So i cant play anything. IS this because 5.0.2?

What can i do?
Add the folder as source and then navigate to that source. Its normal that you don't see files but only folders when you hit "addvideos" ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I just got it to work as you said. Before i searched and did not add.

So now do you know how i can remove one link as i added by ip and i dont want it there now as it dont work.
If XBMC works the same way on ATV2 as it does for Windows/Linux: Videos > Files; highlight the source and display the context menu; select "Remove source".
(2012-07-30, 22:18)artrafael Wrote: If XBMC works the same way on ATV2 as it does for Windows/Linux: Videos > Files; highlight the source and display the context menu; select "Remove source".

i dont seem to get any menu like that i also try to press and hold the different buttons. So i guess that leaves me to remove and reinstall for a simple thing like that. If so really bad.

i just searched and they say press and hold menu so ill try that once again.

It worked after restart.

now only issue left seem to be the volume control which is not synced to xmbc. So i cant use the remote to change vol.
It depends on what version you are using. Volume control was added in Frodo Alpha builds. If you have the official Eden 11.0 Release - no volume control is available there.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
(2012-07-31, 09:59)Memphiz Wrote: It depends on what version you are using. Volume control was added in Frodo Alpha builds. If you have the official Eden 11.0 Release - no volume control is available there.

Is frodo the nightly build?

I did try to install nightly build but then i could not start xmbc at all.

Maybe you need to reboot for it to work? As you need reboot first time you install xmbc, but in the guide for nightly build it didnt say reboot so then i didnt do it.
What does it do instead of starting?
(2012-07-31, 15:32)Memphiz Wrote: What does it do instead of starting?

if i recall it it is only grey no text with xmbc and when clicking it it just goes back to first menu.

I think the wget was 404 error if so how to get it to work? but now i dont remember didnt put so much energy on it.

Ill try the monthly build instead, will that work with volume up and down?
Yes it should. But next time you come back here with error reports try to be a bit more specific please.
(2012-07-31, 22:50)Memphiz Wrote: Yes it should. But next time you come back here with error reports try to be a bit more specific please.

yes i will try to be , im new to this appletv and xmbc so hopefully i learn quickly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
apple tv2 5.02. can see folders but not files inside them.0