Search: Keyboard hidden by "loading directory" dialog
When I select search, e.g. in YouTube or Mediathek plugins, the XBMC keyboard dialog is shown. But after a second or two, a new dialog saying "loading directory" pops up in front of the keyboard. That dialog stays forever until I choose "cancel". Then the keyboard becomes accessible, but useless: After I finish entering the search text and submit, no search is performed.

I found hints that other users are suffering from the same issue (e.g. this post or that one or a bug report for chinese keyboard). But I did not find any workaround or fix for it. And given the little posts I found on that subject, I suspect that not everyone suffers from this.

I am using XBMC Eden + PVR + XvBA (from the wsnipex repository) on Ubuntu 12.04.

Any ideas would be appreciated!
same here on Eden / Ubuntu 12.04
any clues?
I don't think this is an XBMC issue, but more of a 3rd party plugin fail. A search of YouTube does work on my win/7/64 but I've had a recent update of the plugin. Ask of the author of the plugin, perhaps he is aware of the issue and has a workaround on new update for you.
try purging the wsnipex ppa and hey presto the problem goes away - although installing the stock xbmc removes the xvba option :S

perhaps its a missing dep? i'll investigate further ...
(2012-08-07, 05:46)D0pamine Wrote: try purging the wsnipex ppa and hey presto the problem goes away - although installing the stock xbmc removes the xvba option :S

perhaps its a missing dep? i'll investigate further ...

Thanks for the info! So it is an issue with the XvBA build? I am currently reluctant to remove it, since watching BluRay without hardware acceleration really is not much fun.

Are the devs aware of it?
I'm totally plagued with this issue, it prevents me using most plugins as the search functionality becomes impossible.
I'm not really sure how to fix it, I'm not sure what "purging the wsnipex ppa" means.

Any help would be appreciated.
Same problem here.
Anyone of the team who is able to fix this: Please wake up!
I believe this is a bug in the current pre-Frodo nightlies:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=137968

Hopefully it can be resolved soon!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Search: Keyboard hidden by "loading directory" dialog1