XBMC Repeats Left Arrow Keypress. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Sad 
Hi,

I need some help and i could not find this on any other thread. Before you think it is the remite app for xbmc, it isn't. This happened when i was not using the remote. For some wired reason, my xbmc (eden) will always press the left arrow key and will not stop, at all, it renders xbmc useless, witch sucs because i think it it so great as a media center. Anyways any help is appreciated, i might just do a clean install (i really dont want to because of all the addons and repos i have) please help!
(2012-07-15, 21:07)kevindodson14 Wrote: Hi,

I need some help and i could not find this on any other thread. Before you think it is the remite app for xbmc, it isn't. This happened when i was not using the remote. For some wired reason, my xbmc (eden) will always press the left arrow key and will not stop, at all, it renders xbmc useless, witch sucs because i think it it so great as a media center. Anyways any help is appreciated, i might just do a clean install (i really dont want to because of all the addons and repos i have) please help!

I meant remote not remite
I have had something like this happen once.
My best bet is that it never got the "release left arrow" command.
So xbmc thinks you are still pressing it.

When this happened to me i was racing through the menus before xbmc was completely done loading.
I was also using a wireless keyboard that had a bad connection.
So it might not have been able to send the signal that i had let go of the key.

Or maybe you are using a heavy skin with loads of art on a slow processor (or it is still doing other stuff).
Try to see if this still happens with the default skin. And give it enough time to load.
See if this also happens with a wired keyboard.

If that doesn't help we'll look at some other things.
And oh yeah, I stopped it by pressing left a couple of times until it got the "let go" message.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Last time i have read of such things it turned out that the users wife has put the wireless keyboard in a cupboard and put some books on it which pressed some random keys...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-16, 00:13)MassIV Wrote: I have had something like this happen once.
My best bet is that it never got the "release left arrow" command.
So xbmc thinks you are still pressing it.

When this happened to me i was racing through the menus before xbmc was completely done loading.
I was also using a wireless keyboard that had a bad connection.
So it might not have been able to send the signal that i had let go of the key.

Or maybe you are using a heavy skin with loads of art on a slow processor (or it is still doing other stuff).
Try to see if this still happens with the default skin. And give it enough time to load.
See if this also happens with a wired keyboard.

If that doesn't help we'll look at some other things.
And oh yeah, I stopped it by pressing left a couple of times until it got the "let go" message.

Thanks this worked and it finally stopped appreciate the help!
(2012-07-16, 10:03)Memphiz Wrote: Last time i have read of such things it turned out that the users wife has put the wireless keyboard in a cupboard and put some books on it which pressed some random keys...

i too have had this happen. but it only happens on my wireless keyboard and it wasnt something sitting on the keyboard, it was close to dead batteries (no idea why, but changed the batteries & it stopped).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Repeats Left Arrow Keypress. PLEASE HELP!!!!0