iPad(1) can play but not ATV2?
How come iPad(1) with XBMC 11.0 Eden can play movie 720p AC3 but ATV2 11.0 Eden cant? It buffers a lot with the ATV2? Its even with cable.

Should be same processor or am I missing something?

See log for ATV2. http://pastebin.com/qDJtJqSX

The file you try to play in that log is a 720p avi with mpeg4part2 (xvid/divx) codec. As you can read in the faq only h.264 encoded material will be hardware decoded on ios. I doubt that your ipad1 plays this file without buffering.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz, thanks for reply.

I tested it on my wifes ipad1, it worked without buffering? I promise! Thats why I am surprised.

First tested it on my iPad3, worked fine no buffering. Then tested it on hers just to be sure it was hardware limitation, no buffering. Also changed ac3passthrough to true in guisettings.xlm no change on atv2.

I can upload log tomorrow from the iPad1.
sure its not an iPad2? ^^ ... whatever you post me. 720p divx/xvid will never be supported on single core ios platforms. If it really works on your single core ipad1 you just have luck (or an overclocked cpu). So you don't need to post me any logs. This case is closed.

For HD material use H.264 encoded stuff like stated in the wiki.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yeah I am sure. I dont belive in luck, but thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad(1) can play but not ATV2?0